Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

E-file status still pending even after receipt of acceptance email from Intuit

Why do you keep giving the same information? Your software continues to show pending. It has been accepted by the IRS, processed and received. Yet the software still says PENDING. You need to fix the issue with the software. Clearly there is a problem with the software since there are multiple threads on this issue. Quit acting as if everyone else is the problem.

Having the same issue.  I efiled for several individuals, we all received the emails from TT that our federal and state are accepted, but TT still shows pending.  Been using TT for over ten years, this is the first time I've run into this issue.  Usually once I receive the emails that they are accepted, the software is updated immediately afterwards.  Unfortunately, I don't feel comfortable sending the IRS payment until I can verify they are accepted.  When can we expect the software to be updated to fix this issue?

The answer to these questions for those of us who have not gotten any solutions from TT is to switch to HR Block and request your money back for this faulty program with no support from TT.  I just went bought it after waiting for 2 weeks for a solution. TT not even bothering to respond to these questions as evidenced by the pat responses showing they don't even read the messages.  You can't contact them since the phone disconnects you while trying to push the button for assistance.  They make a lot of money but don't really care if it works.  I've used them for years with no issues but the wasted time and then all the time trying to figure out how to fix this mess is ridiculous.  I will be going to the competitor from now on.  Also, my federal taxes were accepted within 30 minutes of filing with HR.  So my pending means they never even sent it to the IRS. 

I have an E-Mail from Intuit saying the return was rejected and a code on 02/20, but E-File Status says Pending, so I cannot fix it. So based on this string, it is a problem, and if they review the Forums, they should discuss a fix.

LG07
Level 2

No, Carissa. Sorry.  This is not an acceptable answer.  As long as Turbo Tax shows pending status, we can not begin an amended return, if need be.  And this is a self prepare tax program, so please don't push a turbo tax expert to assist with prep, to collect more fees. We know how to prepare. Just please fix the program so we can do what we need to do.  This is a software issue with TT.

Can you get to amend a different way by going to.....

Federal Taxes or Personal (for Home & Business)

Other Tax Situations

I got an email and have received the  refunds and the program still says pending. A third one got an email says rejected but pending in program. 

I've been giving Turbotax one more try every year for a few years.  I'm about done.

LG07
Level 2

Manually Updating per your instructions does nothing to fix this issue.  Status still shows as Pending.  How about trying to fix the problem before telling us to update again!

LG07
Level 2

Used the link you reference, but no changes to Status.

Program filing status shows pending even after return has been accepted and refund issued. Email from TT says accepted, program doesn’t. Deluxe download

Did you get this fixed because I have the same issure, however, I had one that rejected and sat on the phone with Turbotax twice and it was not fixed. 

Absolutely. They have a glitch with there software and it has not been fixed yet and I am pissed. 

I was on the phone as well no solution yet. If not soon I guess I’ll be refiling with H&R Block 

Big update from me (the originator of this ticket).  I just fired up TT, did an update and checked filing status.  Both Federal and State updated to Accepted.  Hopefully others start to experience similar results.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies