turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Does stimulus check go to turbo tax prepaid card

@Nicoleh1277 Did you pay for your taxes to be done out of your income tax refund or up front?  Ive heard that if you paid for your taxes from your refund it will not be deposited on turbo card?

Got an advance  No body really knows the right answer especially @tubotax 

Hi. So I got my refund on my turbo card. And my routing and account number is the same as on my 1040 form. Your saying I should get it on my turbo card correct 

I did not I filed online for free 

Yes. If that's your form of payment for your federal taxes. It will be deposited on your Turbotax Card.

I did my taxes through Turbo Tax this year.. I got an advance which came on the Turbo Card that was issued to me so I was wondering if I'm going to be getting my stimulus on my card??

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

Here is what we have been told:

"The IRS is sending stimulus payments to eligible taxpayers who filed a tax return in either 2019 or 2018 and chose direct deposit, and is depositing some stimulus payments onto prepaid debit cards for filers that chose to receive their refund through that method.

For the majority of prepaid debit card holders there is nothing more to do as the stimulus payment will be deposited to their account. If your customer no longer has access to their debit card, we encourage them to visit https://turbodebitcard.intuit.com"

So sounds like Yes. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I received an advance so does that mean I won't be receiving my stimulus check on my Turbo Card??

@ArianaElizabeth17 wrote:

I received an advance so does that mean I won't be receiving my stimulus check on my Turbo Card??

The advance and the tax refund is deposited onto the Turbo Visa card.  Therefore the stimulus payment will be deposited onto the Turbo Visa card.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

To help everyone check on the status of their payments, the IRS is building a second new tool expected to be available for use by April 17. Get My Payment will provide people with the status of their payment, including the date their payment is scheduled to be deposited into their bank account or mailed to them.

An additional feature on Get My Payment will allow eligible people a chance to provide their bank account information so they can receive their payment more quickly rather than waiting for a paper check. This feature will be unavailable if the Economic Impact Payment has already been scheduled for delivery.

Yes

I heard some people will get it on the card and that was on a turbo tax representatives blog

04/12/2020

Americans pay Turbo Tax to do a service that can be found for free around the web. 

Does anyone else notice the updates are services only for potential new clients. 

People that haven't filed. Guess that's where the moneys at. I dont know if I'll be using this anymore. I really don't care about the stimulas check. I'm blessed enough to have a job that will still be here through the thick and thin. but the fact that we are actually left hanging by either negligent or incompetent staff. Anyways happy Easter everyone. Stay safe

So turbo tax card is green dot card not SBB card. SBB did not issue the turbo tax card. You as a person have an account with turbo tax that’s why they use to get there fees. You have an account number with turbo tax. When you get a refund it goes to your tax people first they take your fees then it’s sent to you. 

KNM1118

I am also waiting to find out if stimulus checks go to the turbo tax debit cards. No one can seem to give me a direct answer to this question.

Idel
Returning Member

Did my stimulus  check go to turbo tax

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies