turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does stimulus check go to turbo tax prepaid card

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

183 Replies

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

How will the IRS know where to send my payment?

The vast majority of people do not need to take any action. The IRS will calculate and automatically send the economic impact payment to those eligible.

For people who have already filed their 2019 tax returns, the IRS will use this information to calculate the payment amount. For those who have not yet filed their return for 2019, the IRS will use information from their 2018 tax filing to calculate the payment. The economic impact payment will be deposited directly into the same banking account reflected on the return filed.

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

Patience will be needed while hard working folks are trying their best to develop and implement  this distribution DURING a tax season AND a pandemic.  

[Edited 04/08/20]

If @Critter is right then yes. My turbo card DD info is on my 1040 when i reviewed it. So the IRS has my TURBO card info as the last payment issued. So i would now bet that we will get it on our card. 

I want to know this as well. Anyone know?

i did a review to see what direct deposit info was on my return. It was the turbo tax card info. So the IRS has my turbo direct deposit info as the last transaction. So i think its safe to assume thats where they will send the money because thats where they get the info from is the 1040. and on the 1040 is the turbo card info. 

You have your answer ... quit questioning it. 

Will I get my stimulus check  on my turbo tax debit card 

We talked to a CPA from TurboTax and he didn't think it did intill he asked us for the 1040 and it showed as a checking account. So yes it will go to the card

Jason mc

I would like to know this as well.

no one questioned it more than once. are you miserable? 

Strongly believe it will come to the card directly, downloaded my 2019 as well and the DD info is the direct account number and routing to the prepaid card

So I checked my 1040 and my account and routing number on my 2019 1040 is the same as my info for my Visa turbo debit card. That means the stimulus payment will go through fine ?

Will my stimulus check go to my turbo tax debit card. And will i get it faster.

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these type of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

As of now the third party bank has not released any definitive information: 

I paid for tax preparation using Santa Barbara TPG this tax season. How will I receive my Economic Impact Payment?

The current IRS plans are to issue direct deposits to taxpayers that received a direct deposit. An IRS-issued check may be mailed to taxpayers that received a check printed from their tax professional's office.

We are actively working with the IRS to determine how the Economic Impact Payments will be issued. We will update this page when more information is available. According to this message on the IRS website published March  30 the IRS will notify taxpayers when more details are available.

Keep checking here :   https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

[Edited 04/08/20]

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

As of now, we do not have a definitive answer from the IRS regarding how payments will be disbursed other than direct deposits or that they will mail a check to your address. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies