Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does anyone else's child tax credit portal say pending eligibility? I have an amended return not sure if this is why?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

Does anyone else's child tax credit portal say pending eligibility? I have an amended return not sure if this is why?

That portal is not fully functional and having an unprocessed 2020 return doesn't help.  

I received my original refund from my 2020 return, so that one was processed. I amended my return on April 22, and it was accepted. All I did was amend the unemployment compensation. So does not really affect the CTC

im listed as pending. my 2020 return was processed but then went under review. So i dont know if thats considered “not  processed” or not but regardless they should be able to see my dependents on there regardless. Or at least go by 2019, as the portal says they would.

im just hoping the site hasnt updated yet. I did receive the letter a month ago or so however 

@h1eather2 

Amending for the unemployment will be done by the IRS eventually so the amended return was not needed and could possibly mess things up and processing could take longer ... amended returns are expected to take 6 months or more this year.

@joedogg9999 

Those new portals are buggy at best which is understandable  but you got the notice  so rely on that information.  If you do not get the full amount of the advance CTC you are allowed then it will be a credit on the 2021  return.

was there 2 letters or just one?

https://www.kiplinger.com/taxes/602921/child-tax-credit-update-irs-sending-letters-to-families-who-m...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

In the same boat. My amended return was accepted but not processed and my CTC portal says "pending, will not receive advance payments".

Any new info on this?  Mine was amended and still have pending?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies