Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I print and mail the entire 2020 tax return to the federal government with a check if I owe or is there a voucher?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Do I print and mail the entire 2020 tax return to the federal government with a check if I owe or is there a voucher?

There is a voucher. The first page in your printout package will be the File by Mail Instructions, which will provide the mailing address and what forms you need to include and how to send your payment. If you choose I will mail a check as your payment option, and you owe taxes, we'll automatically include Form 1040-V (a voucher) when you print the filing copy of your return that you can use.

To mail your tax return please follow the steps in this TurboTax FAQHow do I print and mail my return in TurboTax Online?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

There is a voucher. The first page in your printout package will be the File by Mail Instructions, which will provide the mailing address and what forms you need to include and how to send your payment. If you choose I will mail a check as your payment option, and you owe taxes, we'll automatically include Form 1040-V (a voucher) when you print the filing copy of your return that you can use.

To mail your tax return please follow the steps in this TurboTax FAQHow do I print and mail my return in TurboTax Online?

Thank you. I just didn't see a scan/barcode like I have on my state voucher. Is that correct?

Liz OK

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

That is correct, there is not a bar code with the federal return. The bar code on your state return may be specific to your state. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies