Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tboper1

Do I need to submitt a copy of my Consolidated 1099 forms with my Federal Tax Return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

Do I need to submitt a copy of my Consolidated 1099 forms with my Federal Tax Return?

If you are e-filing, you do not need to unless the program tells you to do so. 

If you are paper-filing, you need to attach a copy of your Form 1099 forms to your tax forms to submit by mail. 

I had to enter my info by hand - TurboTax told me to mail a copy of my Consolidated 1099 but didn’t tell me where to mail it. Which IRS address do I mail it to?  

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the link here from the IRS and select your state.  It will then display the address where you will mail your tax return. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I’m not mailing my taxes - just the Consolidated 1099.   My taxes were filed electronically via TurboTax. I was told to mail them to the IRS in Austin, TX with a form 8453. Is that correct?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

You will receive the instructions, including the mailing address, when you print out the documents you need to mail to the IRS. 

If you have any questions on where to mail, please click here to contact the IRS.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Trying to complete my tax return Dennis Vaughan...need two forms 1099R and TWC form where do I find them to add them...then I can submitt my tax return.

Enter a 1099-R  here:

Federal Taxes,
Wages & Income
(I'll choose what I work on - if that screen comes up)
Retirement Plans & Social Security,
IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R).

OR  Use the "Tools" menu  (if online version left side) and then "Search Topics" for "1099-R" which will take you to the same place.

Be sure to choose which spouse the 1099-R is for if this is a joint tax return.
Be sure to pick the correct 1099-R type:  Standard 1099-R, CSA-1099-R, CSF-1099-R, RRB-1099-R.

Did you report a 1099-G for unemployment comp?  See these re State:

How is my state taxing unemployment income? (intuit.com)

Do I need to amend my state return to update my un... (intuit.com)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies