turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Batko6
Returning Member

Direct deposit

Need to change my direct deposit info 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Direct deposit

If you have not e-filed or mailed your tax return already you can change how you want to receive your refund, go to the "File" section and enter/review/update to make the change:

• Login to TurboTax your account and go into your tax timeline, select the File tab.
  • There are three steps listed. Click on Start/Revisit next to Step 2.
  • You'll have the choice for in my bank for direct deposit or paper check to receive in the mail, make sure the I want my refund deposited into this account box is unchecked.
  • Select paper check and then click continue at the bottom.  Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information.

Once your return has been accepted (or mailed), it's too late to change direct deposit bank account information. If the info you provided is for a closed or invalid account, the government will mail you a refund check. Now, if your recently e-filed return is in pending status, wait to see if it is either accepted or rejected.

• If rejected, open your return in TurboTax and go through the File section again to update your bank account before re-submitting your return with any applicable corrected information.
  • If accepted, you'll get your refund check in the mail or will be direct deposited if you listed a valid bank account when you filed.

Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Batko6
Returning Member

Direct deposit

I have yet to receive my refund by check thru the mail it was sent for direct deposit in February on the 26th my acct was closed due to fraudulent activity by someone and now I have to go thru this nonsense n wait on my money like I did something wrong no someone’s ignorant behavior hacking my bank acct caused this and id like to know where my check is I’m a single mom of 3 this is sad and not fair CAN I POSSIBLY GO TO IRS OFFICE WITH ID VERIFICATION AND PICK UP MY REFUND CHECK PERSONALLY BEFORE SOMETHING ELSE HAPPENS LIKE IT MYSTERIOUSLY GETS LOST IN THE MAIL NEXT UNBELIVABLE 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Direct deposit

@Batko6

You will have to contact the IRS.

How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)? https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301592

Direct deposit

I have 2019 TT Deluxe.  These instructions do not match the sequence/options that come up when I select the file tab.  I have been unable to find anything to help enter my direct deposit information - nor was I ever prompted to do so.  Please advise

Direct deposit

@skepticalboomer wrote:

I have 2019 TT Deluxe.  These instructions do not match the sequence/options that come up when I select the file tab.  I have been unable to find anything to help enter my direct deposit information - nor was I ever prompted to do so.  Please advise

If you are using the TurboTax online editions and have a tax refund, in the File section of the program on Step 2 you are given several options on how to receive the tax refund.  One of those options is Direct Deposit.  On the following screen the program asks for your banking information.  See Screenshots.

TTO Direct Deposit.JPG

TTO Direct Deposit Bank.JPG

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Direct deposit

If you're getting a refund, we'll ask for your bank account info once you choose the direct deposit option (it's on the How would you like to receive your federal refund? screen in the File section).

Where do I enter my bank's routing or account numb ...

Direct deposit

The file Tab gives me 4 options: File - Print/Save - Final Steps - Check e-File Status.

The File option I select "File Federal Only", which then gives me two options: "e-file" or "File by Mail" (two radio buttons).  I select e-file, and get two radio button options: "e-file my federal return now" and "do not e-file my federal return now, I'll do it later"

I am reluctant to select "e-file my federal returns now".

Nowhere have I been given an option for direct deposit.  When I look at that section on the pdf, it has X's in all the blanks.

Please advise

Direct deposit

@skepticalboomer wrote:

The file Tab gives me 4 options: File - Print/Save - Final Steps - Check e-File Status.

The File option I select "File Federal Only", which then gives me two options: "e-file" or "File by Mail" (two radio buttons).  I select e-file, and get two radio button options: "e-file my federal return now" and "do not e-file my federal return now, I'll do it later"

I am reluctant to select "e-file my federal returns now".

Nowhere have I been given an option for direct deposit.  When I look at that section on the pdf, it has X's in all the blanks.

Please advise

So you are using the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions and not the online editions.  What is shown on the PDF of your Form 1040 for the routing number and account number will be X's until the bank information is entered, your tax return has been filed and then accepted by the IRS.  Then the number will be shown on the Form 1040 Lines 27b and 27d.

When you have a tax refund and are using the desktop editions, you select how you want to e-file your tax return.  Choose E-File my federal return now.  The next screen asks how you want to receive your tax refund.  Select Direct Deposit

See screenshot

TTD Direct Deposit.JPG

Direct deposit

Awesome, That worked perfectly.  Thank you so very much.
It would really help if TurboTax posted instructions or search information that showed this.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies