turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Direct Deposit Dates for People with Credits (EIC/ACTC)

I bet it will be on 2/25 around 5pm for people with prepaid cards. For the people with banking accounts it will be by 2/27- 2/28. 

The IRS expects the first EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards by the first week of March, if they chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return. Check Where’s My Refund for your personalized refund date

I had to mail my return in as the agi for my spouse was always incorrect and it got rejected so many times I had to print and mail. Earlier this week it was finally received and the Where's My Refund site updated that return was approved and it should be sent to my bank by Feb 24th.  Hopefully it'll show up tomorrow but even if it shows up on the 24th that's a pretty quick turnaround.  I do have the Earned Income credit or the child tax credit (not sure which) Turbo tax said I qualified for though I don't quite understand why....

@MsLadee  Yes they update Saturday mornings between 3am and 6am I believe. It’s automated so they just set it to go that way. 

@Kaitlin775  No it will just give us DDD on Saturday, usually for the following week. All major updates are done on Wednesday and Saturday morning. 

@Letia23  that’s not true, because that’s the genetic message that you get after the path act message disappears. 

Processing and still processing are NOT the same. The IRS will tell you that directly.

desuro

mine says same but no deposit on 17

desuro

well did you get it

This was taken from an IRS affiliated site ... 

being processed means you are just waiting for a DDD.

still being processed means the IRS cannot guarantee your refund in the 21 day range.

Patience is key!!!

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or debit cards starting February 27, 2019, if these taxpayers chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return.

Please click the IRS link Refund Timing for Earned Income Tax Credit and Additional Child Tax Credit Filers to learn more. 

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/refund-timing

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This is the OP.

Please don't spread misinformation on this thread by stating losing your bars with "the still being processed" message means an ID verify. 

I spoke to  a couple reps at the IRS and it does not mean this. You could get this message if you ended up being sent a letter in the mail, but usually it will be a message to "take action."

This message just simply means that they can no longer guarantee the refund in the 21 day turnaround. It is informational and if you have PATH and filed in late January or early February and were not included in the small test batch of people who had a DDD for this week, you may have this message.

Many, many people had their status change to no bars, still being processed, tax topic 152 once PATH lifted, which ended up being on Tuesday.

And btw, the IRS agent I spoke to today said that one should become semi concerned, only if they don't have a DDD by February 27th. Which is when the second batch, main non-test batch of refunds will be disbursed to the banks.

However, banks receive pre-authorization some business days prior to deposit. If you have a card like Serve,  Chime, TT, Bluebird...you'll likely see these deposits prior to then. Some rumors say tomorrow, before WMR updates. Rumors are rumors though until verified.

As we learned last week.

But overall, it seems that most people will see DDD soon. 

So... this year when turbo tax sent my dd info to SBB, they didn’t give them the correct account info. It was deposited to them the 11 and I still don’t have it. They mailed me a check and was told that it was mailed on the 11 but come to find out, it wasn’t mailed until the 18th. Hope I get it tomorrow. Oh and not to mention they tied my name to refund advance and I didn’t get one. Will never use Tt again. 

So as of this morning wmr has no updates. However what i have read in previous comments seems accurate it should update tomorrow morning. I was able to see refund issued 2/26/20 on account transcript, I compared it to last year and its accurate last year reads 2/22 and that is the date i received last years refund. So i suggest checking your account transcript and look for date. 

I second with the recommendation to check your transcripts. I show a DDD of February 26, 2020 also.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies