turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Swhitaker
Returning Member

Deferred Taxes

I received an email from turbotax telling me that it’s time to pay my deffered taxes and that I have until Dec 31 to do so. So I logged on to the IRS website and it shows that I owe nothing.  Since the IRS says I don’t have a balance am I in the green?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Deferred Taxes

Did you have self employment income and a Net Profit on Schedule C?  You probably owe self employment tax.

The self employment tax deferral was an optional benefit.  It is also a deferral rather than forgiveness, so those amounts will eventually need to be repaid. Half of the deferred amount is due on December 31, 2021, and the other half is due on December 31, 2022.

Check if you have a Schedule 3 line 12e which goes to 1040 line 31.

Swhitaker
Returning Member

Deferred Taxes

I see that, I dont remember doing that, but where would I go about paying that if I don’t have a balance with the IRS?

Deferred Taxes

Deferred Taxes

You should have gotten a notice in the mail from the IRS about 2 weeks ago reminding you of this payment.  It will not show up on the IRS site because you owe it to the SS administration not the IRS directly.

Deferred Taxes

Got the same email and the irs portal shows 0.00, so im gonna wait till i get a letter from the irs that i owe.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies