turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

Just read online that Steve mnuchin said they will have the site to get your direct deposit info updated by the end of the week we shall see!

Slasheroo61
Returning Member

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

How do I get a Turbocard

Nikkilangston86
Returning Member

How do I know if my card is still active.It has a balance of -4.69

bosek77

Can they delay my fee till I receive my State refund. I need the money in my account to make my house payment.

The state refund has no effect on the stimulus check in any way.

check with your servicer- many are permitting forbearance with no late charge fees 

That says nothing about the Turbo Debit Card.

The guys with Green Dot Turbo VISA are using that as a bank and it has Direct Deposit already attached to it so that an employer or anyone else can pay you. You’ll be fine with that. If 1040 matches the DD info on the card directly then you’ll be good 🙂

It would actually be difficult for the IRS to specifically make sure the don’t send it that way. I’m not sure about other cards or situations but this one seems pretty simple

What if I haven't used it for an employer to dd to? My card is still active and has a balance on it (very low balance) and I did not have any fees removed from my return. Does that mean the stimulus will go directly to my card?

I really hope it will go on our TurboTax  debit cards cuz a lot of us are in need .. And the fact that millions, Yes millions have been asking this question and they haven’t given a clear answer is baffling

I’m in the same situation and YES it should without any issues. I have not had my employer DD money either but it’s an option because it’s your acting bank. I loaded 20 bucks on that card because I didn’t want the negative fee to cause issues and I’m not sure how long you can be in the negative before it closes the account. I’d put a few bucks on it just to keep peace of mind until this is all sorted out. Make sure to get the app for your card as well to see up to date info on the card including all the Routing and Account info. You can load those at most Walmart’s, Walgreens and many other retailers at the register 

No I wont be ok if I have to wait. I am unemployed due to the corona virus. I have been almost 6 weeks without any income (unemployment is overwhelmed and they have no idea when I will start receiving that). I have bills due NOW and am at risk of loosing everything. So don't tell me I am being greedy for needing it NOW. The question is simple will  the stimulus check  be deposited to my turbo debit card or not? No one has a straight freaking answer. And if it can not receive my stimulus why, and what is intuit going to do to remedy the problem with their faulty product? Intuit promoted these cards as a simple and easy direct deposit solution. For these cards not to be eligible for the stimulus is unacceptable period. 

I literally just did this , check your federal return account infor and compare it with your turbo direct deposit info if they match you are fine. Mine match so it will be deposited on my turbo card

Mine match also. But some intuit employees are saying no you can not receive the stimulus on your turbo debit card some are saying you can. Where did you find the info stating definitively that you will receive it on the card? 

@guitarman4875 - while no one on this board knows the answer to you  question ,there is no alternative for getting it any earlier. 

the direct deposits will begin next week  - see link

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbrewster/2020/04/08/coronavirus-stimulus-payments-will-hit-direct-d...

so if use of the cards you reference result in direct deposit, you will know next week as you will receive the stimulus money

if they do not result in direct deposit, than means you'll get a check.  It also means that since you already filed either 2018 or 2019 tax return, the only way to provide the IRS your banking information so that a direct deposit occurs, is to wait for them to produce the website they promised.

The issue isn't IF you are going to receive the stimulus money, it's WHEN.  and WHEN is important if you are unemployed with bills piling up,

for the checks, here is the broad schedule Treasury Secretary Mnuchin outlined last week.  the checks will be sent based on your income on your tax return.

Week of April 24:  incomes under $10k

week of May 1: incomes under $20k

week of May 8: incomes under $30k

etc.

so maybe this will help you plan for 'worst case scenario' - that is not the answer you are seeking, but whether the cards constitute direct deposit or not isn't well understood,

hope this helps. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies