turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

If you received your refund via turbo card it was direct deposited.  Go back and view your tax return and scroll to direct deposit you’ll see it’s fill out with the info attached to turbo card. Turbo card is just like a bank account 

Ronitm

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

I filled my 2019 taxes already .i get your checks by mail.

I don’t have direct deposit with you

can I arrange it to get the coronavirus checks ? 

@Ronitm wrote:

I filled my 2019 taxes already .i get your checks by mail.

I don’t have direct deposit with you

can I arrange it to get the coronavirus checks ? 

If you do not have a bank account for direct deposit then a check for the stimulus funds for which you are eligible will be mailed.

If you do have a bank account, then see this IRS website - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

If we filed through TurboTax with our direct deposit info, but gave TurboTax the authority to take the fees out from our return, does our Covid stimulus go to TurboTax first and then us? Was our direct deposit information passed to the IRS or did they only recieve the TurboTax direct deposit info? 

Look at your files 1040 it should have your bank information on it not Santa Barbara bank. I looked at my files 1040 and searched direct deposit and it had my unfortunately not Santa Barbara bank info. So even if fees were deducted you should be fine.

Those links dont answer the question being asked. Smh. 

Because the turbo card is not a typical checking account w routing numbers etc. Of COURSE  people are going to be concerned and confused. Right now people do need reassurance as this money is detrimental to their and their families well being. Sending them to links that dont even reference the question is horrible practise. Saying I dont know is once again horrible practice.  It might be an idea to create a response that you can actually use. 

Or maybe take the 2 seconds out of your day to actually read the question and reply. Customers are answering thos better than you, that's not good. It's also how misinformatin is spread. Because of this lack of customer care, I will not be using turbo again in the future. 

Actually the Turbo car does have a checking and bank routing number!

It is a bank account that your Texas are sent to

• 1. Are you dumb or stupid?
  • 2. Why wouldn't the money come on our cards? 
  • 3 It has a routing number and everything.
  • 4. Stop panicking. Even if you didnt get the money on the card you'd still get a check in the mail. Lucky we even getting a check. Be patient it'll pay off.

And didn't even answer the question lol 

Yes sir, 

Routing numbers and account numbers are different. 

One is the map to the bank

The other is the map to your account in that bank. 

Its confusing if you're not use to dealing with it. 

And so many people are in panic mode. 

I hope that helped. 

Stay safe! 

@Astridzinger - do you understand that this is a COMMUNITY board and I am not aware any responses come from employees of  Turbotax that are in a position to explain the operational processes between Turbotax, the banks involved and the IRS.  Yes, there are tax experts on this board but not operational experts. 

While I appreciate the apprehension that you don't know WHEN you are going to receive the rebate, there should be no apprehension that it will be received. 

Also, as is not a tax issue but important none-the-less, if you qualify for unemployment, the CARES act provides for $600 PER WEEK, potentially a lot more than the rebate

Further back in this thread (and earlier today) I posted a link to an article from a credible publication (Washington Post) explaining WHEN the money should come.  This should begin to set your expectations: 

Figure April 9-14 for taxpayers with direct deposit, within two weeks after that for those on social security with no tax returns. 

Then for the checks, they will be mailed in ascending income order. So those with incomes under $10,000 should receive the rebates the week of April 24, those with incomes under $20,000 should receive the rebates during the week of May 1, etc. 

that may not be the answer you want, but it is the best this Community has to offer. 

Those links take you to the most current information from the IRS.  We have only the same information and more complete answers from TurboTax have been provided many, many times.

This is a community and any well-meaning person can reply.

The best information on those links is that the IRS is working on providing a portal where you will be able to enter bank information so as to receive your check by direct deposit.  There is, as yet, no date for that to occur.

Updating information in your TurboTax return would do absolutely nothing for you, as has been explained on this forum several times.  The information has no means of transmission to the IRS because their system will reject any attempt to e-file a second return from the same taxpayer.  You'd have to file an amended return in the mail and the IRS system will not process those immediately.  If any of these processes change, the quickest way to learn that is on www.irs.gov

FYI ... deposits to a debit card is really going to an underlying bank account and to the IRS it looks exactly the same as a regular checking or saving account.  They BOTH have bank account and routing numbers.

NOW ... for those who used the third party processing bank to take the TT fees from the fed refund and then sent the balance to your personal bank account or to a debit card of some kind ... look at your form 1040 ... if the DD info there is to your personal bank account or the issued debit card you have no problems.  The stimulus check will go there automatically.

HOWEVER ... if that DD info is not familiar then it is the temp account set up at the processing bank to accept the refund, pay out the fees then forward the balance to your bank account or to an issued debit card and is then CLOSED.   

IF this temp account can be reactivated for the stimulus check has yet to be determined ... and since the checks will not go out for a couple of weeks yet there is still time for the IRS and the processing banks to work this out ... patience will be needed during this unusual time in our history ... watch here for updates :  https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

Are the Stimulus Payments going to be deposited onto the Turbo Cards or do we need to change where to do the direct deposit?

Great Response this is well stated. Hopefully they will allow them to reactivate the temporary account for the stimulus. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies