Jadedcasey

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

Thank you SO much!  Just having a concrete place to visit that has information on this question is such a relief. I genuinely appreciate you taking the time to post these links

Fresh off the press ... still not a lot of info yet ... 

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

Brephelps

found on IRS website..
The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

Yes ... that was from the IRS web site that I posted a couple of minutes ago 

Jennydj9

Im i getting it on my turbo card the stimulus check???

Bossdog963

Now that the COVID-19 Bill has been passed can the question be answered as to whether or not the people that have already filed and received this years returns through the Turbo card green dot whatever it is will be able to have the opportunity to input their checking account info so we can receive the stimulus through direct deposit rather than however long a paper check just may take. 

@Bossdog963 wrote:

See this IRS website for information - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

Kenyunanoonan77

Will stimulus payment be able to be loaded onto turbotax debit cards

Flamikep

How come there had been no answer to this question ? I'm in the same boat and I'm sure there are plenty others who are wondering the same.

macuser_22

@Flamikep wrote:

The answer was posted a couple posts back by DoninGA. 

The IRS will use the direct deposit information  on your 2019 or 2018 *tax return* if possible.

How will the IRS know where to send my payment?

The vast majority of people do not need to take any action. The IRS will calculate and automatically send the economic impact payment to those eligible.

For people who have already filed their 2019 tax returns, the IRS will use this information to calculate the payment amount. For those who have not yet filed their return for 2019, the IRS will use information from their 2018 tax filing to calculate the payment. The economic impact payment will be deposited directly into the same banking account reflected on the return filed.

CaliGirlErin85

I think it will be able to go on the Turbo Tax card. If you look at page 2 of form 1040, line 21, it shows our Turbo cards as a "Checking Account" with a routing number and account number, just like a normal bank would. I dont think the IRS will be able to differentiate this from an actual checking account. Lets hope so anyways!!

Flamikep

The only issue is your tax return don't go straight to your turbocard. When the irs sends the money your owed in your return it goes to the Santa Barbara bank to take out fees and then the Santa Barbara bank sends the money to your turbocard. So the irs does not have your direct deposit info. The IRS has the direct deposit info for Santa Barbara bank.

Jadedcasey

That's a good point. It would just be nice for customer service to at least acknowledge our questions. Very disappointment is them just ignoring us completely. Wont be using them next year and will definitely be telling my friends and family how they've just ignored us for days in a time like this

Jadedcasey

Oh man. What the hell.