turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Code 971 and 570

60more day hold, that’s horrible. I got the same code and dates . 

Code 971 and 570

@prijoseponce if you are facing hardship, and you are relying on that money you can call and get a Tax Advocate at the IRS. They can usually speed things up a little faster than usual. Unfortunately you’ll still have to wait a little bit but that’s the route I would go if you absolutely need the money soon 

Code 971 and 570

I have codes in this order.

971 - 4-1-2021

768 EIC credit - 4-15-2022

570 - 2-28-2022

971 - 3-07-2022

Im a single filer with no dependents. Never had this happen before and I have no DDD for 2022 and no adjustment to my AGI or my Refund amount that im getting back.  My Return was accepted on 1-24-2022 its right at a month of waiting. Never taken this long for me. Any tips or help would be very much appreciated or even a reply back thank you. Im struggling to understand why there is code 971 on there twice with 2 different dates.

JohnW152
Expert Alumni

Code 971 and 570

Transaction Code (TC) 971 is just a miscellaneous code; transcripts are littered with them, and they’re generally not particularly relevant.

Unless there’s a specific text next to a TC 971, you’re not going to know what it means.

See the IRS's Master File Codes for relevant information.

@MrCollin

Code 971 and 570

The only specific Text next to TC 971 is ( Notice Issued). @JohnW152 thank you for the reply.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Code 971 and 570

The IRS will send you a letter regarding the codes you are showing. If you would like additional information regarding the codes prior to receiving the letter, please contact the IRS directly.

IRS Transaction Code Guide
https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-utl/transaction_codes_pocket_guide.pdf

How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)? https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301592

PATH Act Tax Related Provisions
https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/path-act-tax-related-provisions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Derich94
Returning Member

Code 971 and 570

How did you find that out?

Code 971 and 570

Find what out?

Derich94
Returning Member

Code 971 and 570

Did you also claim the stimulus by accident and the irs shows the corrected amount but still no ddd yet? My turbo tax and irs website shows two different amounts. And i figured out why because i claimed the stimulus by accident. Any updates?

Code 971 and 570

Thanks for a reply and yes I did claim that I got the Stimulus and I even got the IRS letter in the mail to file with my taxes saying I got the 1,400 stimulus payment. But nothing has been adjusted/changed to the amount of my refund im getting back. 

Derich94
Returning Member

Code 971 and 570

you havent got a refund date yet because of it? Or did they fix it for you?

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Code 971 and 570

If you received the Stimulus payment you were supposed to get, you would not be eligible for a Recovery Rebate Credit, so your refund wouldn't change in TurboTax. 

If the IRS shows your Refund unchanged since you filed, don't overthink it.  They are just very behind in their processing. 

@MrCollin

Code 971 and 570

Nope nothing has changed on my refund but it does have codes 570 and 971 on my Transcript along with no Due Date/DDD and no orange bars on WMR. 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Code 971 and 570

The IRS will send you a letter regarding the codes you are showing. If you would like additional information regarding the codes prior to receiving the letter, please contact the IRS directly.

IRS Transaction Code Guide
How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?
PATH Act Tax-Related Provisions

Code 971 and 570

It’s tricky if you got a code 971 and then 570 That means there was something missing or some issue with you that means there was a freezeAlthough a lot of people don’t realize in the situation if the dates are the same on the 570 code and 971 That means they fixed it  their self Scroll down where your transcript says balance due/overpayment and what do you both want it says that it’ll have your refund amount and then you’ll have another one under that it says the same thing by computer if that number is lower than your refund that is what they change it to but long is your code 971 and code 570 both have the same date you’ll get your refund 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies