Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Code 971 and 570

I updated last Friday with a 570 code and a date of 2/24/20 today I updated to 971 with a date of 3/2/20 so I’m wonderwhats going on and also could the 971 be bc I made an account online and why is the date 3/2/20 but 570 code is 2/24/20 I can see all transcripts

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

107 Replies
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

Code 971 and 570

The IRS estimates that most refunds will be sent within three weeks after your e-filed returns are accepted. Many refunds will come sooner. You can check the status of your refund by going to www.irs.gov/refunds. You can also click here to see a chart with estimated refund dates based on the date your return was accepted by the IRS. Some 2019 Federal Refunds will be delayed due to the Path Act. Please click here for more information. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Code 971 and 570

I understand the timing but why would I have a 570 code with date 2/24 and a 971 dated 3/2    Does that mean I’m audited I called offset line there’s nothing and my account transcript shows a credit which was my right refund amount

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Code 971 and 570

The IRS will send you a letter regarding the codes you are showing.

If you would like additional information regarding the codes prior to receiving the letter, please contact the IRS directly by following the instructions here

Code 971 and 570

I have the same codes and dates , just waiting it out :( 

Code 971 and 570

IRS will not give you any answers to why you have the 971 on your transcript..  you will get multiple answers..  and from what I have seen is it’s a lot of people who have filled with turbo tax that are having this issue..  might be my last year with turbo tax..

Code 971 and 570

mine too, I used HR Block on my husband and he got his Feb. 3rd it seems like this is a turbo tax issue in my opinion, I have never had this issue in the 15 years I have been filing.  

Code 971 and 570

I checked my irs transcripts and it had a code 971. I just called the irs and they said my tax return is being put on a 60 day review. But no further documentation is required from me. My transcripts also had the process date as 3/2 and a notify date of 3/9, on 3/7 which is when I checked my transcripts. So idk this BS. 

Code 971 and 570

Hey did you ever get you’re refund me and my husband are stuck at 570 n 971 as of March 2 date and it hasn’t updated

jjen8297

Code 971 and 570

How does this answer help?  This is the basic answer from the website

jjen8297

Code 971 and 570

Do you have any updates? I am in the same boat. I have never had this happen before. I filed Feb 21st, 2020.  I called the IRS and they said I would receive a letter.  I have not received anything, nor an update.

Thank you!

Code 971 and 570

Nope haven’t got my refund. 

Bryceb07

Code 971 and 570

I’m in the same situation...our refund was accepted Jan 27th...this Monday will be 12 weeks...not sure what’s going on but we have never waited this long

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Code 971 and 570

@Bryceb07

The IRS will send you a letter regarding the codes you are showing. If you would like additional information regarding the codes prior to receiving the letter, please contact the IRS directly.

How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)? https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301592

PATH Act Tax Related Provisions https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/path-act-tax-related-provisions

Code 971 and 570

So we filed Injured Spouse form and was accepted on 03/26/2020. Just spoke with someone from the IRS and there was information missing from our Injured Spouse form. What is weird from reading these comments is that although a "letter" was said to be sent no one here received anything just like us. I think this is a program issue on Turbo side.... 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies