Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Code 971 and 570

I E-filed and I'm just a single filer with no dependents. I have a tiny $1k return. If it takes 6 months to go over $11k total yearly income then there is something seriously freaking wrong. I am not cutting them any slack. I am in contact with my local Congressman and he's taking a look into what is the hold up for me on my behalf since the IRS will not give me any answers. There was snow on the ground when I filed. Its now the middle of the summer.

Rreys90
Returning Member

Code 971 and 570

I E-filed as well and it was sent and accepted the same day January 24, 2022.  I was counting on that return to pay off some much needed bills.  Now I am stuck getting deeper into those bills because I am now on a fixed income since my retirement.  The IRS is a complete and utter disaster like the current Administration.  I have not contacted my congressman yet, am kind of fearful to do that right now.  I am fearful if I do the IRS will just hold my return that much longer.

Code 971 and 570

Thanks Critter-3 for the calling steps. Rreys I completely understand what your going through right now with money being tight. Its so hard right now for those that barely scraping by and with record-high gas prices and inflation. You really just cant catch a break. I have to send in my last pay stub and a paper saying I give them permission to look into things for me. I will be sending that out tomorrow. I just hope this works and doesnt do like what you have said hold my refund even longer.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies