Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Card won’t activate

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

14 Replies
EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Card won’t activate

Please contact card support here: https://turbodebitcard.intuit.com/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Card won’t activate

The website no help phone line no help u guys wont email either what are we left with jus forgetting this year return??????   

Card won’t activate

Yeah I’m starting to think turbo tax’s bank they’re using is scamming people out of returns, I’ve called to activate my card and they say “you need to do it on the app” and it still doesn’t work and I call back and they said “oh you need to do it on a desktop” so I do and then they say “we’ll have a member of our team call you tomorrow” it’s now been 5 days, called back “can you send us a email of the error message?” Send email to the address they sent me and it won’t go through days “server error” on there end, if this doesn’t sound illegal and like a scam I don’t know what does. LOTS of people having similar problems and saying they’re getting attorneys. I’m almost fed up with this all thing too. Never using turbo tax EVER again after using them for 6 years now.

Card won’t activate

Same and turbo isn’t helping at all

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Card won’t activate

You can try to download the app to create an account to activate the card.  

Please see the article below to activate your card.  

You can download the Turbo Card mobile app for free from the App Store or Google Play

With the Turbo Card mobile app you can: 

• Check your balance and transaction history 
  • Locate an ATM 
  • Deposit checks* 

You can also Sign in to your account to see your balance history, track your spending, send money, pay bills, and more after you create a login. 

Slushefski
Returning Member

Card won’t activate

I've been getting the run around for WEEKS with the people from Green Dot who are the bank that's responsible for the turbo inuit card. My card wont activate due to an old phone number on my intuit account, i did everything possible to update the number and still no help. They are no help whatsoever. Last lady i spoke with 2 weeks ago said she put a ticket in to have my tax return refunded to the IRS and then they will send me a check. Still have yet to receive anything and it still shows the full amount on the cards app.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Card won’t activate

If Green Dot stated they would return your money to the IRS to forward a check, then I would contact them and see if you can get any answers. TurboTax does not have access to this information.  

Please see the Customer Support phone number below for further assistance:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

If you would like to reach out through our website, please see the TurboTax FAQ below for contact information: https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Card won’t activate

Just curious did you get this resolved ,we are going thru this now going on 3 weeks

Card won’t activate

I have my debit card and it says there is a block on it that I need to go to the web site on back of card and it's the same dam website I was just on my money has been in my account for almost 3 weeks and I still don't have a card except for the card that don't work so I don't know what to do I never seen anything like this

donnaj324

Card won’t activate

Turbo tax is screwing ppl because I cannot speak to a live agent. The same message when i call everytime and its been 3 weeks and I cannot contact no live person about my money on my card. Please advise. 

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Card won’t activate

I'm sorry for your frustration.  There has just been such a high volume of calls that it is taking people a long time to get through.

You can try the following links online to access information related to your card or check your balance using the second link below.

Info from TurboTax for Debit Card

pvpreston

Card won’t activate

I'm thinking this is a scam also. My husband has been trying to activate his card for 3 weeks now. I have called twice. Today the person that answered the phone was clearly oversees and spoke very broken English. I told her the problem. She told me that the card won't activate because the date of birth is wrong. I repeatedly told her my husbands date of birth. I checked his original tax return and all the information was entered correctly. She told me that the information was entered incorrectly when we registered the card. I told her that my husband and I know his birthday and it was not entered incorrectly. She said that she can not change the information on her end and that she has to put my call in queue so that a manager could call me back in 4 hours. 

I think they stole his tax return money and are sending out fraudulent cards. Intuit needs to intervene. I'm filing a BBB complaint right now. 

Nikzdik

Card won’t activate

card won't activate

Card won’t activate

For help with your pre-paid Visa card:

Call  (888) 285-4169

There is a “Help” link in the top corner of the web site for the card:

https://www.turboprepaidcard.intuit.com/

The Turbo® Visa® Debit Card is provided by Green Dot Corporation and is issued by Green Dot Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A Inc. Green Dot Corporation is a member service provider for Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC. Visa is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association. Green Dot Bank operates under the following registered trade names: GoBank, Green Dot Bank and Bonneville Bank. All of these registered trade names are used by, and refer to, a single FDIC-insured bank, Green Dot Bank. Deposits under any of these trade names are deposits with Green Dot Bank and are aggregated for deposit insurance coverage. Green Dot is a registered trademark of Green Dot Corporation.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies