turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mredmon7

Can I get a advance

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Can I get a advance

TurboTax doesn't offer the typical refund anticipation loan, but has a variation.

TurboTax will have a test program for a "Refund Advance" which may be offered to certain users who efile their returns and choose to have their refunds deposited to a Turbo Prepaid VISA Card.  The Refund Advance is a 0% loan in increments of $250 up to $1,000.   That advance is not available until after one has efiled the return and the IRS has accepted it.  Until the physical Turbo card arrives, the advance can be used for online spending.   You can read more at this link, but there is no way to self-select into the Refund Advance offer.   Some users will see the option show up on the screen where they choose how they want to receive their refund.

Additional terms and restrictions apply.    See this:

FAQ:   About the Turbo Prepaid Visa® Card and Refund Advance

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6467221

Can I get a advance

I have not received w2 yet so that I can file my taxes. However could there be an advance before then

Can I get a advance

@meshaburrows wrote:

I have not received w2 yet so that I can file my taxes. However could there be an advance before then

No, you must have your W-2 before filing the tax return.  See this TurboTax support FAQ - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-application-process/01/25557

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies