Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Mish
Level 3

Batch testing and why are we still waiting??

Do we know if the IRS is going to be doing batch testing? And the reason why I filed with turbotax this year was to receive an advance, I am trying to figure out why I have not received a red cent. I know we are waiting for the IRS to open up,  but from my research several individuals were accepted prior to the IRS opening,  what's the deal and the hold up TT 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

31 Replies

MY RETURN IS IN PENDING—what does that mean?

Did you e-file?  Did you click that big orange button that said “Transmit my returns now?”  If so, your return is now in “pending” on a server.  Do not try to change anything while your return is in pending. If your return is rejected you will be able to make corrections before re-filing.

The IRS will not be accepting/rejecting 2020 returns until Friday, February 12, 2021.  You need to watch your emails for the acceptance/rejection notice that may take until mid-February or later to arrive.   And watch your spam folder too.

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

A state return cannot be accepted until the federal return has been accepted.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/2021-tax-filing-season-begins-feb-12-irs-outlines-steps-to-speed-refund...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

LOANS

TurboTax is offering refund advance loans to those who qualify.  If you qualify the loan is offered at the time that you file your tax return.

You do not get the money until the 2020 e-file has been ACCEPTED by the IRS.You also have to agree to receive your refund on a new prepaid TurboTax Visa.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/refund-advance/

The IRS will begin to accept/reject 2020 returns on February 12, 2021.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

The IRS has not announced test batches for the 2021 tax filing season as of yet. Please read this IRS article to learn more.

For over 98.5% of people approved, you'll get your Refund Advance typically within a day (or 24 hours) of IRS acceptance. The IRS will begin accepting e-file returns on February 12, 2021.

Please click About Refund Advance to learn more, 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Mish
Level 3

You may have not understood  my full question,  which is fine. The question still remains unanswered. Everything you have explained I already know, thank you for that. My question was, last year prior to the IRS opening (with the TT cards that were mailed) the advance "loan" was available literally the next day, the irs was not opened... that was the question. And will the irs be doing batch testing this year? 

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

The IRS has not announced test batches for the 2021 tax filing season as of yet. Please read this IRS article to learn more. The IRS will begin to accept/reject 2020 returns on February 12, 2021, so you will have to wait until your return is accepted to be offered a loan or advance on your refund. 

Mish
Level 3

Thank you for answering my question instead of giving me a bunch of information that kind of went around it. Thumbs up from me!

Test batches have begun. When I filed with turbo tax I asked for the refund advance and a message popped up all I could read before it went away was “ that nay change check back later”. I have not received any correspondence since then. Is it possible we have to wait to irs accepts to find out if we got approved fir refund advance?

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Yes and once you are approved for your card and your Refund Advance, you’ll receive an email within 1 hour that explains how to set up your Turbo® Visa® Debit Card account and start spending online.

Please see this for more information: Get up to $4,000† in less than a day

My return was just accepted today.

Mine was just accepted too

Jennn1

I did too! Does that mean we’re in the test batch since they said they will not be accepting until 2/12?

When did you file? Did you get an email ?

Jennn1

1/22 and i got the acceptance email about an hour ago EST time 

Mine was too 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies