turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

EGomez31

Amend

I submitted my taxes and they were just approved today. My wife got sent her paperwork for unemployment. How do i go about this and adding this onto the tax return now? Please help.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Amend

If you have e-filed your tax return and need to change the information on the tax return then you will need to wait for the tax return to either be accepted or rejected by the IRS.
If the tax return is rejected then you can make your changes and re-file the tax return.
If the tax return is accepted then you will have to amend the tax return to make your changes. An amended tax, Form 1040X, return can only be printed, signed, dated and mailed by you to the IRS, it cannot be e-filed. The IRS will take up to 4 months to process the amended tax return. Wait until you have received the tax refund or the taxes owed have been paid and processed by the IRS before amending the tax return.

Amend

The same day 2/19/20 I tried to amend how I received refund It looks like it was accepted but somehow it is not correct and trying to refile so if I understand I have to wait for refund then turn in 1040X form

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Amend

That is correct, you should not try to amend your return until it has been fully processed and you have received your refund or your payment has cleared.  Amended returns do not “catch up” to your original returns and replace them.  They are processed as two separate returns.

Please click How do I amend my 2019 TurboTax Online return? to learn more. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies