turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

moviestar

After I do my taxes on TurboTax, will TurboTax structured so I can also submit an OIC - OFFER IN COMPROMISE ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
HelenC1
Intuit Alumni

After I do my taxes on TurboTax, will TurboTax structured so I can also submit an OIC - OFFER IN COMPROMISE ?

NoForm 656, Offer in Compromise - Internal Revenue Service is not in TurboTax. You get the form from the IRS website. 

To do an Offer in Compromise, click on Topic No. 204 Offers In Compromise | Internal Revenue Service.

To qualify for an OIC, the taxpayer must have filed all tax returns, made all required estimated tax payments for the current year, and made all required federal tax deposits for the current quarter if the taxpayer is a business owner with employees.

In most cases, the IRS won't accept an OIC unless the amount offered by a taxpayer is equal to or greater than the reasonable collection potential (RCP). The RCP is how the IRS measures the taxpayer's ability to pay. The RCP includes the value that can be realized from the taxpayer's assets, such as real property, automobiles, bank accounts, and other property. In addition to property, the RCP also includes anticipated future income less certain amounts allowed for basic living expenses.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Missy4947

I have a irs bill from 2012 . I would like to do an offer and compromise. Can You help me?

NoForm 656, Offer in Compromise - Internal Revenue Service is not in TurboTax. You get the form from the IRS website.    If you don't understand it then seek local professional assistance. 

To do an Offer in Compromise, click on Topic No. 204 Offers In Compromise | Internal Revenue Service.

To qualify for an OIC, the taxpayer must have filed all tax returns, made all required estimated tax payments for the current year, and made all required federal tax deposits for the current quarter if the taxpayer is a business owner with employees.

In most cases, the IRS won't accept an OIC unless the amount offered by a taxpayer is equal to or greater than the reasonable collection potential (RCP). The RCP is how the IRS measures the taxpayer's ability to pay. The RCP includes the value that can be realized from the taxpayer's assets, such as real property, automobiles, bank accounts, and other property. In addition to property, the RCP also includes anticipated future income less certain amounts allowed for basic living expenses.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies