Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

After accepted for the advance through credit karma i cannot file: "something changed in your return, you'll need to choose your refund method again turbo tax"

I got accepted for refund advance through credit karma, however when it prompts me to file the return I am getting this error message and cannot go any further to file. I payed the filing fees already and have been approved but it is not letting me go any further. Any ideas?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

81 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

After accepted for the advance through credit karma i cannot file: "something changed in your return, you'll need to choose your refund method again turbo tax"

The IRS will not start accepting or processing returns for the 2021 tax season until January 24. 2022. Please wait until the 24th to try and file again and if the issue still remains, please comment back so that we can further assist you. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Angiej302
Returning Member

you have to skip to the file option for some reason it was doing the same thing to me but I logged out and logged back in and selected file and skipped to the next step and it let me send my return I’m not sure why it doing that but after u put your driver license information in sign out and log back in and skip down to file and it will let you transmit your return and you will get the email for the advance and will see that refund advance message at the bottom of the screen. It’s hard to explain in writing

DO YOU HIT CONTINUE AFTER YOU PUT YOUR ID INFO IN? THEN LOG OUT?

@Angiej302  This did not work for me. Are you selecting continue after you put in your ID information?

Stuck in the same loop.....Could you please explain this workaround step by step....Ive tried everything including 3 different long calls with support

Still unable to file.

@Angiej302 I tried that unless im doing something wrong.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Please use the link below to get updates on this issue as it is related to the email error message some are also receiving.  This will allow us to notify you when the issue is resolved so you can proceed to file your tax return. 

Email request updates

At this point I have tried this and also called into the support and spent more time then I would like to on this. I have even tried my own work arounds and see if there was anything I can do. I did get to the final page at one time but I did not see the advance on the bottom so I backed out, logged back in and well now back in the same everlasting loop. I also tried to create a new account on Turbotax but all that got me was a denial for the advance but i think that was because of the prior year agi and also having the main account.(More or less a safe guard against id thief0 . At this point I am open for anymore workarounds or some one from TT IT to reach out to me because at this point I am thinking its a coding issue in the main stream that is not working correct or as should. Thanks al for the continued support while we work through this together. 

@MAldous same here, got to transmit page 1 time out of the blue and no option was selected for refund method. I checked through documents and didn't see any information regarding advance or disclosures we had to e-sign.

I also tried setting up another turbo  account over the weekend and was denied for the advance. The denial sated "taxpayer has already applied for advance for applicable tax year" . 

So they are basing it off the first account in which we applied. My 4th year with turbo and it sucks!!

I have tried the workaround, and it still did not work. I have filed through turbo tax for seven years and never had this problem. Please help!

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

We are investigating the cause of the message you are receiving when selecting Refund Advance. For immediate assistance, please reach out to Credit Karma customer service. You can reach Credit Karma via their Contact Us link. 

I have figured out a work around. ANYONE NEED HELP.. Reach out to me. It took me 2 hours .. TURBO NEEDS TO PAY ME.  Seriously. I will help. 

Sbergeron239
Returning Member

Please help me, I will cash app you once I get my advance LOL 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies