turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Advance

Why didnt I get the 1,500 advance after I filed with Turbo?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

Advance

The initial approval is just a pre-qualification. If you don't qualify, you'll receive an email confirming you won’t receive a Refund Advance. It will include information about why you were not eligible for a Refund Advance. Your federal refund (minus any other agreed upon fees) will be loaded onto a Turbo Visa Debit Card. For more detailed information, please click here. You can also read the terms and conditions for the refund advance by clicking here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Advance

I have not received anything saying I wasnt approved or anything.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Advance

Please check your spam/junk mail - It might be in there.  For further information, please see the below link:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-refund-advance/00/27333

Advance

This is a garbage con that turbo tax is pulling. In no where through the process does it say that it is a guess and you still need to be approved. No one would get this card if you didn't offer the advance. 

Advance

Right, this is definitely garbage and I wont be filing with Turbo next year

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Advance

Please see the below link that explains the process of Refund Advance from the Turbo Tax website.  This information notes that you can be pre-approved and then have to go through an approval process as this is essentially a loan that is issued.  

https://turbotax.intuit.com/refund-advance/

Advance

Let me ask what good your link you just posted is gonna do for the people that have already filed and were told during the process they were approved, and select to opt in, only to find out it was a lie. I have screen shots of the whole process and how it gave me a graphic of what advance I can expect chart, and what amount I was approved for. No mention of it being a guess and that it needs to be approved by the garbage bank and company uguy's use for it. Completely unacceptable. 

Advance

Yes .  I really believe this was a scam.  I did not want to do this and now I have I am upset.  The fees yiu will be paying to use the card.  Now you have to wait 49 hrs to receive l..first it said i will be spending within the hour  Then I paid 40 dollars to have fee taken out my refund...you dont find that out to end...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies