turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

xsv
Level 2

Account closed with money still on it

I have been using my TurboTax Debit Visa per usual. I made a purchase online and after went to the store to use it again, but was declined. I tried to check my account on the app and it said that my account was closed. I had just over $2400 on the account! I have already called the number on the back of the card, GreenDot, and any other number I could find online and STILL no luck. I don't know where else to look or call.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

23 Replies

Same here and I dont know what's going onnnnn!!!

For help with your pre-paid Visa card:

Call  (888) 285-4169

There is a “Help” link in the top corner of the web site for the card:

https://www.turboprepaidcard.intuit.com/

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
xsv
Level 2

This is the number on the back on the card. I have called it multiple times. I get hung up on because the account is "closed". I did NOT close the account myself. I can log in on the website and see that I had just under 2500 but every option says that it is not available for my account or whatever. Also do not see any transactions that look suspicious that would probably trigger something and lock my account.

xsv
Level 2

A number that could connect me to an ACTUAL HUMAN while your stupid system locked me out would be FANTASTIC.

Edit: Sorry just realized you're just a member.

xsv
Level 2

From what I understand, a LOT of accounts have been flagged as "suspicious" and locked. MANY are from the Unemployment system, which I know a LOT of people that receive onto a GreenDot issued card of some sort or another have had this same issue. I'm sure I'm not able to post the GreenDot corporate number here, but there's another round of ID checking that has to be done with GreenDot directly before the card and funds are processed and released. I found it pretty quickly after searching through Facebook posts concerning the same issue. Hope this helps anyone freaking out. There's a lot of us and apparently we don't need to worry, we'll get the money after ID verification I guess.

Rayw11
Returning Member

Where do you go to identify yourself

jmackin
Returning Member

It's the Unemployment funds that are frozen until the Unemployment Office can verify your identity, not the Turbo Debit Visa Card. So your answer is incorrect. I know, because my ID verification affected only my Unemployment Account deposits at the Unemployment end, not my Turbo Visa, which I used throughout my whole ID verifying process.

Also, Green Dot Corporate number is [phone number removed] and is USELESS. They simply tell you you've called the wrong number after you enter your card# and SSN.

It's not because of unemployment inmy case because I went through that 2 weeks ago where they held deposits back until they could verify my identity. This is turbo or green Dot stating account is closed and no matter what I do I can't get to a person.

Ok so after calling  and SPEAKING  TO A LIVE PERSON Lol its green dot holding funds due to the fraud that's been going on!!!!! So there doing a identification check for funds once we're clear funds will be back on !!! We don't need to do anything  as far as call n check in there doin it all on there own...once clear we can spend again !!! It's my money and I need it nowwwww 

jmackin
Returning Member

@xmasbaby0 

That information is useless. Helpful to no one with this issue.

jmackin
Returning Member

How did you speak with a live person? Can you post the number? Spell out the numbers instead of using 3423..If you post it as a phone number it's automatically removed.

Thank you!

Jill

I called turbo tax since they offered these cards and got a person and he said they've gotten calls due to this is..... they can't help with it but basically green dot has gotten notification that it's an issue with there card and they should be doin something about it and I called unemployment to see if there holding funds because my card is only used for them..there the ones said it's the bank holding funds due to fraud so the banks are doin a identification check and going through each payment given once clear funds are back on!! Calling green dot itself was impossible ...so hoping for the better I'm given it another 24 hours and I'll be back on it.... 

jmackin
Returning Member

Thanks for the update! Appreciate it. If you hear anything else regarding this, would you be so kind as to come back and post an update when you're able?

Hope you're healthy and safe during this pandemic.

Jill

xsv
Level 2

EDIT: They closed the extension because of so many calls. When i find another, i will post.

EDIT 2: Still no luck finding a new extension. My card has been unlocked but now I'm missing 1400. Had to put in a report, waiting to see WTH happens with that.

Google "GreenDot 4611" and youll find a number listed that ends with those numbers (i can't post it here because it will just get deleted). Press 1 and then extension 2677 that will direct you to a LIVE PERSON. My card worked flawlessly until last night as well, for those saying "WeLl My CaRd WoRkEd ThE wHoLe TiMe". I just sent in my info and also contacted PUA to make sure I'm set there and now just have to wait for all of it to process and I'm all set.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies