turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gillianspice2
Returning Member

Re: Accepted means that the IRS has received your refund. App...

turbotax has done my taxes for two years. the irs has no info about either year's refund. what is going on?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

@gillianspice2 TurboTax does not "do" your taxes.   TurboTax provides do-it-yourself tax software so that you prepare and file your own tax returns.  When you check your account for 2017 and 2018, what does it say?  Does it say "accepted?"  "rejected?" or "ready to mail?"  

It is too late to use this tool for 2017 but what does it say when you use it for 2018?

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
gillianspice2
Returning Member

i understand what turbotax does. turbotax ~FILED~ my taxes for the last two years. there was an issue with 2018, but i called customer service, and spoke with someone who connected to my computer and forced the e-return to be accepted. this obviously does not seem to be the case. i used the tool you linked for 2018 and i got the below info. can you please further help me? i really thought that turbo tax successfully submitted my taxes while i was speaking with customer service and connected to them via my browser. please help! 

"

No Results

We don't have a record of a return for the Social Security Number and ZIP code combination or Tracking Number you provided. This may mean that you entered the Social Security Number, ZIP code, or Tracking Number incorrectly; please check your information and try again. It could also mean the return has not been successfully transmitted."

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

It sounds like your return was not filed at all.  It is now too late to e-file it, so your only choice is to print it, sign it and mail it in.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

If you are getting a refund, there is no penalty for filing late.  If you owe tax due, then file and pay the amount due as shown on the Form 1040, but expect a bill later from the IRS for the penalty and interest you will owe.  Only the IRS will calculate this—TurboTax will not calculate it.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

And......not sure what you are referring to as a "tracking number."  There is no tracking number for a tax return when you use TurboTax.  Nor is there a tracking number for the tax refund when and if the IRS issues it.

To look for a 2018 tax refund on the IRS site you need your Social Security number, your filing status and the refund amount from line 20a of your Form 1040.

To track your federal refund:

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

To track your state refund:    

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

gillianspice2
Returning Member

are you joking? that's what i did. i posted the results. i know there is no tracking number. i tracked MYSELF using MY social security NUMBER. it's like you are intentionally not understanding what i am saying.

how do i get turbo tax to provide to me the return for me to then mail it????????????????????????????

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies