Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

5071c

I e-filed my taxes with Turbo Tax.  I received a 5071c form and was unable to verify my ID online and have been trying for weeks to get through to someone on the phone with no luck. I'm wondering if anyone from Turbo Tax support can help me with this somehow. I'd really like to get this taken care of, obviously, and desperately need the return (paying expenses for my recently deceased mother's estate).

Thank you so much! 😊 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

5071c

I do emphasize with the difficulty of verifying online and on the phone.  The last resort is to visit a local IRS office for assistance with the identity verification.  

Call to set up your appointment and find out what to bring with you.

Here is a website to find your local office.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

5071c

Sorry---TurboTax cannot help you verify your identity.   Only you can do it.   TurboTax provided the software for your self--prepared tax return and has no way to  confirm that the information you entered was true. TurboTax cannot intercede with the IRS for you.  Try calling at 7 a.m. or near the end of the day---we hear anecdotally that sometimes that gets you through.

I HAVE TO VERIFY MY IDENTITY

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/security/tips-for-handling-identity-verification-requests-from-...

https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-fraud-scams/identity-verification-for-irs-letter-recipients

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

5071c

I do emphasize with the difficulty of verifying online and on the phone.  The last resort is to visit a local IRS office for assistance with the identity verification.  

Call to set up your appointment and find out what to bring with you.

Here is a website to find your local office.

5071c

• Remember, with TurboTax, we'll ask you simple questions about your life and help you fill out all the right tax forms. Whether you have a simple or complex tax situation, we've got you covered. Feel confident doing your own taxes.

All you need to know is yourself

Just answer simple questions about your life, and TurboTax Free Edition will take care of the rest. 

5071c

@xmasbaby0 

@Remember, with TurboTax, we'll ask you simple questions about your life and help you fill out all the right tax forms. Whether you have a simple or complex tax situation, we've got you covered. Feel confident doing your own taxes

All you need to know is yourself

Just answer simple questions about your life, and TurboTax Free Edition will take care of the rest. 

5071c

@Wedamaweda  Sorry---none of that means that TurboTax can help you verify your identity to the IRS.  You have to take care of it yourself.  

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies