turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

5 e-file limit

I purchased Turbo Tax and filed 5 returns. I needed to file one more return so I purchased another Turbo tax. When i tried to e-file the return it said i have already filed 5 returns. When loading the new Turbo Tax i had to uninstall the original. The new install never asked for the license code. Help

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

5 e-file limit

Sorry to hear you wasted money purchasing a second CD/download.  You cannot get around the IRS limit of 5 federal e-files by installing another download or CD.   That limit is not imposed by TurboTax.   it is a an IRS limit and you cannot get around it.   If you have more than five federal returns to file, the extra ones have to be printed, signed and mailed.  

If you purchased that software from TT, see if TT will refund you.

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time

No one in the user forum can resolve a billing issue.  If you have a question about your TurboTax fees or billing, make sure you use the word “billing” in your request for help.  Do not use the word “refund.”

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
zorro521

5 e-file limit

Is there another software from intuit that will allow you to file more e-filings

JeffreyR77
Expert Alumni

5 e-file limit

There is no consumer software from Intuit that allows you to file more than 5 returns electronically.  Intuit has professional tax software that requires acceptance and licensing with the IRS to file returns.

TM143

5 e-file limit

I have gotten this limit error but this return is number 5 in my group. It is also the last one. The program allowed me to try to e-file this return at least 2 times, but now I have come back after establishing IP Pin numbers and it is telling me that we cannot e-file it now. I have only e-filed 4 returns on this program. Please give me some kind of call in number for tech support. 

5 e-file limit

I am having the same problem.  Were you able to get it resolved?

5 e-file limit

@dtaylor4241 To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time daily

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies