Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Indlonshe

2019 Federal tax return status

IRS said that my taxes was rejected from Turbo Tax.  Turbo Tax said that it was accepted?  I pay for it?  Can I get some help. 

@Indlonshe

Paying your fees did not file your tax return. 

Did you e-file?  Did you click a big orange button that said “Transmit my returns now?”

What does it say in your account?  Does it say "Accepted?"   or does it say something else-like "rejected," "Printed" or "ready to mail?"

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

If it does not say "accepted" then your return was not filed successfully.  The only way to file it now is to print it, sign it in ink and mail it in.  E-filing is permanently closed for 2019 returns.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

Federal and state returns must be in separate envelopes and they are mailed to different addresses.  Read the mailing instructions that print with your tax return carefully so you mail them to the right addresses.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900990-how-do-i-file-a-prior-year-tax-return

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Anybody got lucky on speaking to a live person or heard any feedback about this refund major delay?! Pls share your experience and not some suggestions on how to call cause we already tried and most of them didn't work (due to heavy calls messages call again the nxt buss day, as always!). Thanks!

I know this is not helpful, but I have not had any luck actually contacting anyone either. I get the same message you seem to get. "The call volume is too high" and then it drops my call. I have tried calling at various times of the day and nothing!

Just an update. I finally was able to get through and speak to a real live person. I called the number at 7am EST, the wait time was minimal. What I was told is that my return which I filed in March 2020 has not been processed yet. He saw no notes or reasons, so it was not something I did, and told me they just haven't gotten to it yet.

I don't know if that will help anyone, but it seems as though they are still going through the backlog due to the Covid shutdowns.

All I can recommend is patience. But do try calling just to make sure.

Janice 02

yes it was rejected due to I put the wrong bank information on it. How do I open it up to correct it

Mikei259

IRS said its pending, I need to know that it was sent to the IRS completed filed 100%

jiml78guy
Returning Member

I could not finish my Federal Tax Form for 2019 because there was an error. Pleaser reply.  Thank you.

No info on 2019 tax return doc. Where is info paid already.

Filed  2019 this month March  2021. Where is information  from TurboTax showing filed.

Daro1
Returning Member

Checking the status on a 2019 tax return 

Where is my refund

@gl randell You say that you filed a 2019 return in March 2021.   If you used the online software program you used the wrong software and the wrong tax return forms.   Online is only for 2020 returns---you cannot use online to file a 2019 return.   If you e-filed it and it was accepted it will probably end up under review since you filed it incorrectly.   You were supposed to use 2019 software and mail a 2019 return.

To file your 2019 return correctly:

Each tax year has to be filed separately using the forms for the specific tax year.  They cannot be combined in any way--do not even put them in the same envelope when you mail them.  Software for past years is available back to 2017.  Any earlier years can only be prepared on paper forms by hand--and those refunds have been forfeited now.

The current online program can only be used for a 2020 return--no other year.  And if you did not file a 2019 return you will have trouble e-filing 2020.  When it asks for your 2019 AGI try using zero.  If zero does not work then you have to print, sign and mail 2020.

Online preparation and e-filing for 2017, 2018 and 2019 is permanently closed.

To file a return for a prior tax year

If you need to prepare a return for 2017, 2018, or 2019 you can purchase and download desktop software to do it, then print, sign,  and mail the return(s)

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

You may also want to explore purchasing the software from various retailers such as Amazon, Costco, Best Buy, Walmart, Sam’s, etc.

Remember to prepare your state return as well—if you live in a state that has a state income tax.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

Federal and state returns must be in separate envelopes and they are mailed to different addresses.  Read the mailing instructions that print with your tax return carefully so you mail them to the right addresses.

Note:  The desktop software you need to prepare the prior year return must be installed/downloaded to a full PC or Mac.  It cannot be used on a mobile device.

If you are getting a refund, there is not a penalty for filing past the deadline.  If you owe taxes, the interest/penalties will be calculated by the IRS based on how much you owe and when they receive your return and payment. The IRS will bill you for this; it will not be calculated by TurboTax.

When the IRS finally does something with the incorrect return you filed in March you will need to amend it and put in your 2020 income and information instead of the 2019 income you used.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I called IRS to find out what happen to my 2019 tax refund($510.84) I was inform they deposited it your account in Nov. 2020. There it no way to get this information to Turbo Tax. I tried on line & telephone to no avail. I do my own taxes now.

@bchamp2000 wrote:

I called IRS to find out what happen to my 2019 tax refund($510.84) I was inform they deposited it your account in Nov. 2020. There it no way to get this information to Turbo Tax. I tried on line & telephone to no avail. I do my own taxes now.

TurboTax does not receive any kind of tax refund, federal or state.

If you requested to have the TurboTax account fees deducted from your federal tax refund, the IRS will send the refund to a third party processor to have the fees and the service charge deducted. The third party processor will deduct the TurboTax fees plus the service charge and then attempt to direct deposit the remaining refund balance into the account that you entered on your tax return.

For the status of your tax refund you will need to contact the third party processor, Santa Barbara Tax Product Group, using their website - https://www.sbtpg.com/

Tax Products Group Contact Information - https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies