Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kyablon91

2018 1040 return transcript

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

TurboTax doesn't have a transcript of your return.  A transcript is an abbreviated version of your tax return.  You can download a transcript from the IRS by using the webpage linked below.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

Please provide instructions for downloading 2018 turbotax 1040

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

@ronthompson1 Just to clarify, are you trying to access your prior-year tax return?

• You can access your prior year returns using the Documents tab in the navigation. 
  • When you sign in, make sure you're using the same TurboTax account (with the same username) as in prior years.
  • Select Documents from the navigation when it appears.
  • Use the drop-down menu at the top of the screen to choose the tax year you want and then select Download PDF.

If you filed your 2018 taxes with TurboTax, and would like to receive a copy to complete this year's tax return, please click, How do I access a prior year return?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

When I try to login, it wants me to update to one of 4 browsers. After going through that process at least 3 times, selecting Chrome & downloading it, once I finally get logged in, I get no Documents selection in navigation pane. Please help 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

You may need to clear your cache. Make sure your return is saved in your TurboTax account and then sign out. Clear the cache and delete the cookies on your computer, open a new browser, sign back into your account and try again. 

If you continue to have problems, please click on the Contact Us form https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/. We’ll help you connect with the right expert for your specific problem.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies