Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1095B

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

1095B

What is your specific question about the 1095B? I am posting some information below regarding the 1095B below for you. If this does not answer your question, please feel free to reply back to us so we may assist you.

A 1095B is only to be kept for your records. You do not enter any fields from 1095B into TurboTax. Only 1095A gets entered.

Do I need to enter a 1095-B?

randharr

1095B

I received the information that a 1095B is not required for usage during the filing process. My question is, how is my insurance information applied to ensure I receive credit for being insured during 2020? Or a different way to ask is, does not having a 1095A affect how my insurance information is applied?

1095B

@randharr wrote:

I received the information that a 1095B is not required for usage during the filing process. My question is, how is my insurance information applied to ensure I receive credit for being insured during 2020? Or a different way to ask is, does not having a 1095A affect how my insurance information is applied?

On a federal tax return there is no penalty for not having health insurance.  Not having a Form 1095-A - if you did not have health care insurance through one of the state Marketplace Exchanges that does not affect your federal tax return in any way.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies