turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Question about refund advance

@Esdavis1992  That is what it seems like

@570fishing86 Do you need it.

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

You’ll receive your Refund Advance 48 hours after your e-file is accepted by the IRS.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-refund-advance/00/27333

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

So even though we got qualified for the advance and received the card in the mail then we still dont know if we are approved. That's a little misleading. If I don't get approved when the IRS opens  then I would have just did direct deposit like ive done every year.  

• Not true some people have already  received theirs already.
Ak16

Have you received your approval or denial email yet? I e-filed on the 1/18 and haven't seen an email yet. 

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

An email will be sent to you with additional information after you pre-qualify. Please check your junk mail if you do not see it.  

However, the IRS has not begun to process returns as of yet. The IRS will begin processing returns on January 27th so you may not receive your funds until after that date. See the link below for more information.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-receiving-your-refund-advance/00/27510

Reese29

So is it one hour for funds to post to your card or is it 48 hours once the IRS receives your refund?

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the below FAQ for additional information on receiving your Refund Advance: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-receiving-your-refund-advance/00/27510

I have the same problem.   I spoke to the turbo card customer service .  They said that turbo tax has to notify them that the advance account has been set up then the card co will release the fund.  Still don't understand it.

How do you know if you were approved or denied for the advance? It was offered to me and I accepted, but nothing further. 

Yeah its misleading I dont know if its one hour or 48 hours and no emails 

Well I am confused because they told me during the process that I was approved for $500 along with the turbo tax card - I set it all up etc and then I get an email stating I wasn't approved?! Like what kind of scam is this I have been filing with turbo since 2008 and this is what happens?  Can someone please let me know if this was a mistake or something because I would have just direct deposited it and kept going about my business..its tacky.

Same here I will never go back to them again they manipulate you to make you get the card. 

wow

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies