Printing 2020 return causes TurboTax to crash.

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TurboMonk1

macOS Big Sur, V 11.21.  iMac desktop during printing 2020 return and save as PDF causes TurboTax to crash (CPU % exceeds 100%).  Any ideas?
6 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please clear the cookies and cache on your browser, as well as ensure your browser is up to date. 

If the issue persists, please try another browser than the current one, or incognito/private mode. 

If you need additional assistance, please click here to contact customer support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Bounder222222222222222
Returning Member

I'm having the same issue.

I've reinstalled the software, cleared cases, etc. and no joy; it just crashes at print.  And it won't save as pdf

macuser_22
Level 15

Crash or just hung with a spinning beachball?

Usually when that happens, just wait (up to 45 mins).   If it eventually prints then it should print normally after that.

Nobody has been able to reproduce this so the root cause can be identified.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Bounder222222222222222
Returning Member

I just spent an hour on the phone with tech support and reproduced it.  They were unable to resolve the issue, despite being very helpful, patient, and competent.  The code writers will have to fix this one.  In the mean time I'm going to use TT on an older version of MacOS - I currently have 11.2.3, which IMHO is TT's problem...

macuser_22
Level 15

Again, if a spinning beachball just print and wait for 30-45 minutes - does it print then?

One user found a leftover file from virus software was causing the blockage.  This problem appears to be external of TurboTax.    TurboTax issues a standard Apple OS print call and something is blocking it (or slowing it up). 

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Bounder222222222222222
Returning Member

OK I installed TT on another Mac running 10.15.7 and it printed just fine.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings