turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

centaurdg

Due to a incorrect tax configuration 2015 I received to much refund. IRS is wanting it back. It is like $1,250 too much refund. I am now on disability and cannot pay?

Can I have help from you since the error was made by you on 2015 tax return??
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Due to a incorrect tax configuration 2015 I received to much refund. IRS is wanting it back. It is like $1,250 too much refund. I am now on disability and cannot pay?

Please post your question only once. Do not post a separate question about the same issue. It's too confusing and hard to follow, and hard to see the whole picture, if information is scattered in multiple threads. If you want to add more information or post a follow-up question, use the "Add or request more details" box on the original question.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

You need to tell us WHAT error was made. Almostt all errors result from user data entry mistakes.
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Please post your question only once. Do not post a separate question about the same issue. It's too confusing and hard to follow, and hard to see the whole picture, if information is scattered in multiple threads. If you want to add more information or post a follow-up question, use the "Add or request more details" box on the original question.

duplicate post

Alyus9111

Husband on disability,they say we should have paid taxes on that,
On the letter they send us it says railroad retirement,he never worked for them
He did take paper up to social security office,they told it didn't matter,either way pay taxes
Have filed same way last 2years, don't understand.
They want$3500. 00

What kind of disability did he receive?  It sounds like Social Security disability, which would have been reported to you on an SA-1099 form.  Is that the form you get each year reporting that income to you?  It sounds like you reported it as railroad retirement instead of social security.  some of Social security, even if it is disability, can be taxable, depending on your other income.  There is a telephone number on the notice you were sent.  Call that number and discuss it with them to make sure you understand what is wrong on your returns.  Ask them if you need to send an amended return or if they can correct it for you.  Since this sounds like you made a simple  entry error, there is nothing we can do for you except tell you to call them.  They will not discuss your return with anyone but you.  The people in this department at the IRS are usually very pleasant to deal with and very helpful.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies