turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

dgates
Returning Member

Payment for Completed Taxes was overcharged

I purchased Turbo Tax deluxe.  Turbo tax charged by $80.00 + tax to file both returns,.

I should have not been charged for the federal return filed.  How do I get a credit to my debit card.

Donald W. 

[email address removed] 

[phone number removed]

dgates
Returning Member

had to pay for fed return-should  not have been

@dgates wrote:

I purchased Turbo Tax deluxe.  Turbo tax charged by $80.00 + tax to file both returns,.

I should have not been charged for the federal return filed.  How do I get a credit to my debit card.

Donald W. Gates

[email address removed] 

[phone number removed]

Assuming that you are using the TurboTax online editions -

There are no e-file charges when using the TurboTax online editions, federal or state.  The TurboTax account fees are for the use of the software to assist in completing a tax return.  The account fees are the same whether a tax return is e-filed or printed for mailing.

The TurboTax Deluxe online edition is $40.  The state program when used with the Deluxe online edition or higher is an additional charge of $40.

@dgates   Or did you buy the Desktop CD/Download program?  Online and Desktop are priced differently and you can't apply a Desktop purchase to the online version.

1dhammer
Returning Member

I was double-charged.  I had used the free tax file and was charged to file my state taxes and my federal was free. I also noticed that I was charged on Paypal for the assisted tax preparation. the charge was around $200.

I was supposed to be charged $117 instead I was charged $450  I want a refund 

@Barmaid12171

Did you choose to have TT fees deducted from your Federal refund?  (Remember that if you did that, you also agreed to an extra refund processing fee of $39.99)

How can I see my TurboTax  fees?   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973-how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Lee Foote

Was over charged fo refund. Must pay in 652

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Please review the link provided above my xmasbaby0, it has the steps for reviewing the breakdown of your TurboTax fees @Lee Foote.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Lee Foote

Over charged. Said I was getting 750 back. Got letter from irs. I owe 652

@Lee Foote You were not "over charged"  --- you had some sort of mistake on your tax return that was corrected by the IRS.    The IRS will send you a letter that explains why you now owe tax.  Did you make a mistake with the 3rd EIP payment?   That has been very common this year.   People forgot to enter that they already received the $1400 per person stimulus check last year and it put the $1400 on line 30 of their tax return again.   You cannot get the $1400 twice.  So the IRS removes it----that could be why you owe now.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

That sounds like the difference.  750+652= 1402.00  You must have 1400 on line 30.  Line 30 is only if you didn't get the full amount or qualify for more.  Double check your bank statements and see if you got it a year ago.  

If the IRS thinks they sent it to you but you didn't get it request a trace for a missing third Stimulus payment

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/questions-and-answers-about-the-third-economic-impact-payment-topic-j-p...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies