alarconarocio

Order status: payment completed. Does that mean the I should receive my refund soon since Turbo tax has collected their payment?

On irs.gov it still says "my refund is being processed"
KatrinaLO

There are a lot of delays for federal refunds this year. The IRS is working overtime to get stimulus payments sent out to you and process your tax returns. Per the IRS website IRS Operations During COVID-19: Mission-critical functions continue: Please visit here and see all services that have slowed down or been delayed due to Covid-19.

Once your tax return has been submitted, the most up to date information will come from the IRS. The IRS releases most refunds within 21 calendar days after the e-filed return has been accepted (received), not 21 days from the e-filing date. 

To check on regular tax refund status via automated phone, call 800-829-1954. (This line has no information on Economic Impact Payments.)The only other way to know when your refund will be released is to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool. Until the IRS starts processing it on their own, you may not find record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated accordingly. Please see here  for more information on checking the status of an e-filed return.

If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status as it moves through the process here.

See the video in this link for a really good explanation of the process: 

https://www.refundschedule.com/irs-wheres-refund-status-bars-disappeared/

An employee answer I saw said.....

When your file your tax return successfully and you choose to pay your fees from your Federal refund, the TurboTax program considers the fee paid, even though the federal refund has not been released yet. This is why you see "Payment Completed".

As soon as your return is accepted by the IRS, your info shows at SBTPG, it should have your expected refund amount and it will say that they have not received your refund yet. Once they have your return it will update and tell you when they received it, what they received, what they deducted and when they sent it to your direct deposit account.

Nls5

I seen this on another post asking why it states pending  for the order status! @VolvoGirl  @alarconarocio 

Employee TurboTax Specialist
Feb 26, 2021 3:18:44 PM

Did you elect to have the fees deducted from your refund? 

If so, this is why it is pending. The payment is not sent to Turbo Tax until you receive your refund. 

csabattis1985

My payment status went from “pending” to “complete” and I haven’t received my federal return yet.

JeanneLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

The payment complete status is a just an automatic TurboTax system update and does not mean that the IRS has released your refund or that the TurboTax fee has actually been paid from your refund.

Once you have confirmed that your refund has been released by the IRS and you have selected a Refund Transfer from Santa Barbara TPG (who will issue your refund) you may check the status of your Refund Transfer by visiting their website. 

Check the status of your Refund Transfer

@csabattis1985

csabattis1985

I’m sorry, but you’re incorrect. My TT payment status changed from “pending” to “complete” last night. And my federal refund is finally changed to approved last night and being deposited. 

Drugohard14

My changed today to complete does that mean I will see a refund soon

csabattis1985

Yes, check the IRS app tomorrow, it updates between 3am-6am. 

When you signed up for Pay with Refund, you also agreed to let TT takes its fees if your refund was delayed beyond a certain point, so that may be what happened.  But TT notifies you first.

Check the IRS website to see if your refund has actually been issued.