turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I checked the wrong box and said my investment was not at risk, but it is at risk. How can I get back to that form. I think it is form C line 32

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I checked the wrong box and said my investment was not at risk, but it is at risk. How can I get back to that form. I think it is form C line 32

Ok here are the steps for 2018 Onilne returns.  2 ways to get there

Go to the Search box in the upper right and type in Schedule C
Then click on Jump to Schedule C

Click on Edit or Review by your Business name
Go to Uncommon Situations - click Edit or Start
Make sure the 5th box is NOT checked for "I have money invested in the Business that I'm not at risk of losing"  and probably check the None of Above Box.
then Continue

OR

Click on Federal on the Left side
Income & Expenses at the top
Self Employment (2nd item in  listing) click on Start or Show More/Start or Review
Click Review by your Business name
Scroll down to Uncommon Situations - Click Start or Edit
Make sure the 5th box is NOT checked for "I have money invested in the Business that I'm not at risk of losing" and probably check the None of Above Box.
then Continue

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I haven't worked out the steps for online this year but try (this might just work for the Desktop program)  let me know

Go to Federal Taxes Tab
Wages and Income,
Choose Jump to Full List -or I'll choose what I work on
Then scroll way down to Business Items
Business Income and Expenses - Click the Start or Update

You should see the Business Summary page that lists your businesses

Then click EDIT by the business name and the next screen should be a list of  topics,
Business Profile, Income, Inventory/Cost of Goods Sold, Expenses, Assets, and Final Details last.

Scroll down to Final Details - Click Edit by Special Situations

Make sure the 6th box on the next screen is BLANK. It says...I have money invested in this business that I'm not at risk of losing.  And if you don't have any other boxes on that screen checked then click the last box for None of the above. -  Continue

Ok here are the steps for 2018 Onilne returns.  2 ways to get there

Go to the Search box in the upper right and type in Schedule C
Then click on Jump to Schedule C

Click on Edit or Review by your Business name
Go to Uncommon Situations - click Edit or Start
Make sure the 5th box is NOT checked for "I have money invested in the Business that I'm not at risk of losing"  and probably check the None of Above Box.
then Continue

OR

Click on Federal on the Left side
Income & Expenses at the top
Self Employment (2nd item in  listing) click on Start or Show More/Start or Review
Click Review by your Business name
Scroll down to Uncommon Situations - Click Start or Edit
Make sure the 5th box is NOT checked for "I have money invested in the Business that I'm not at risk of losing" and probably check the None of Above Box.
then Continue

Screen shots added to answer
Manage cookies