turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

t-2020

I don't have a pdf of my 2015 tax yet. Can I start on some other part of the 2016 return now?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I don't have a pdf of my 2015 tax yet. Can I start on some other part of the 2016 return now?

Not sure why you are mentioning having a pdf of 2015.  The only time you can transfer 2015 information into 2016, however, is at the very beginning of your tax return.  Once you start on the return it is too late to transfer anything from the previous year.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

8 Replies
t-2020

Thanks. I filed an extension for 2016 and am just getting started with Turbo tax. I have only entered my name and birthdate so far. I think I will wait till I receive my 2015 pdf.

What do you mean "receive" your 2015 pdf?  Receive it from where?
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
t-2020

Receive it from my accountant.

Be aware that you have until October 16 to e-file your 2016 return,  After that you have to print it and mail it.

Why do you need the 2015 PDF?  Do you have Carryovers to enter?
t-2020

I hope it will save time. Rather then entering, e.g., personal info. for myself and family by hand.
t-2020

thanks. that is very useful to know. I think I can get it done.

Not sure why you are mentioning having a pdf of 2015.  The only time you can transfer 2015 information into 2016, however, is at the very beginning of your tax return.  Once you start on the return it is too late to transfer anything from the previous year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies