turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

We have received a notice from IRS that we owe $1000 additional tax on our 2015 return

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies

We have received a notice from IRS that we owe $1000 additional tax on our 2015 return

Its got more information that just that....pull out the printed copy of your tax return....what does it show that is different than the tax return?
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Could you have made a data entry error?

I made an error; the return in question is the 2014 return; IRS say we owe $1000 on that return.

What does it say they changed on your return?  Like you didn't report some income?

I was wrong; mistake was on 2014 return and they do not  say  what was srong in their opinion.

Does the notice say CP2000 up in the top right corner?   They send those out when they compare the income on your tax return, to the income that people reported paying to you and they don't match.   There should be a list of income sources on one or 2 of the pages included.

This has become all screwed up.  I received $6500 rebate from Coast Guard because they had continued deducting from my retired pay longer than necessary for the fund going to my wife at my death.  They show it came from Capitol One Sharebuilders.  Please run the numbers and let me know what's what.

Nobody here can see your return and "run the numbers".  How was this Coast Guard "rebate" reported to you?

You filed my return, how can u not see the numbers?  I already paid tax on that $6500 when pay received.  Come On thru as you should.

This is a public user to user discussion forum, not TT Customer Service.  We are not TT employees.

You used TurboTax software to prepare and file your own return.

As SweetieJean said this is just a public user to user forum and we are just other users like you.  I don't think even a Turbo Tax employee can see your return.  Turbo Tax is a self prepared return.  

Contact Customer Service 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies