turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax told me to expect my federal refund on 3/24. I still have not received it. On IRS website, it does not recognize my info. Should I be worried?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

Turbotax told me to expect my federal refund on 3/24. I still have not received it. On IRS website, it does not recognize my info. Should I be worried?

No this is normal. TurboTax tracks whether your federal tax return as been accepted or rejected, and gives you an estimated date for receiving your refund based on a 21 day average from your date of acceptance, but it can take longer. Once your federal return has been accepted by the IRS, they do not send updates to Turbotax. The IRS issues most refunds in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review.

Here is the general timeline of e-filed returns:

Transmission > Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund.

No Record of return found on Where's My Refund? usually can appear if the information was not entered correctly. Make sure to only enter your federal income amount, not federal and state combined. Another important factor can be if you are married filing jointly and make sure you are using the Social Security Number for the name that appears first on the return. If still no record found, a lot of times when the IRS is processing your return, Where's My Refund? will not display any information at the time. Keep checking back, the IRS website updates every 24 hours.

Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for additional information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302330

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies