Need to amend return.I know I have to wait until i...

Need to amend return.I know I have to wait until its accepted.Federal return has been accepted, but not state.Do I wait for state to be accepted before I amend?

Yes...you must wait for that too.

You cannot amend until the middle of Feb anyhow  (OK, it's really 6 Feb)

….but you really need to wait until the end of FEb to amend, so that you KNOW you have everything possible that you need to amend....you don't want to have to amend 2 times

If you filed, it is like dropping it into a mailbox - you cannot get it back.

You'll have wait until your return is either accepted or rejected.

• If rejected, you can make any necessary changes.
  • If accepted, you'll need to amend your return
  • To avoid unnecessary delays, do not amend until your original return has been fully processed.  You will need to print and mail the amendment.  
  • Allow 8-12 weeks for processing.

See this TurboTax FAQ for help with amending.

You can check the status of your amended return here, but allow 3 weeks after filing for it to show up.