turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gregg6872

My tax refund is being processed today what does this mean and will I get it soon

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Michelena

My tax refund is being processed today what does this mean and will I get it soon

"Being processed", is not a bad thing. I would say it's a good thing since it means you are only that much closer to getting your refund. It means they must  first process your return and then approve your refund.

Where’s My Refund? will give you a personalized date once they approve your refund.

Hang tight, you will see your status eventually change. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Michelena

"Being processed", is not a bad thing. I would say it's a good thing since it means you are only that much closer to getting your refund. It means they must  first process your return and then approve your refund.

Where’s My Refund? will give you a personalized date once they approve your refund.

Hang tight, you will see your status eventually change. 

LR19831234
Returning Member

Will it be a deposit Monday on the federal holiday

How long will I get my checks 

@Bitch3374 wrote:

How long will I get my checks 

Only the IRS and your State control when and if a Federal or State tax refund is Approved and Issued.

Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.

If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds
If accepted by the state use this TurboTax support FAQ to check the state tax refund status - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

Tyressa

What does "My refund is being processed"?

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

"Being processed" means that the IRS is reviewing your return. The IRS issues most refunds in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review. For more information please click the link below.

When will I get my IRS tax refund? - Community

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

mine has been listed as prossed for several days why?

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

“Being processed” means the IRS is reviewing your return. Refunds take about 21 days after the IRS has accepted your e-filed tax return. Please see When will I get my IRS tax refund? for more information. 

@rosejuno

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies