turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

connieg61

Will my money be deposited on my card without the card being activated?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

It is best to activate the card as son as you get it. Most users receive the card before their refund is loaded. Having the card activated will ensure everything goes smoothly once the IRS releases your refund.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6419975

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

12 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

It is best to activate the card as son as you get it. Most users receive the card before their refund is loaded. Having the card activated will ensure everything goes smoothly once the IRS releases your refund.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6419975

Why cant anyone answer this question? Some people say the irs will still deposite the money others say no you have to activate it first. So what is it? Will the depost be rejected if my refund is sent before i reveive the card and activate it? Seems like there has been alot of complaints and no resolution about this issue.

My tax refu d was supposed to be direct deposited but my card isnt activated because i havent received it yet so the irs site says it has been mailed on x date already so is it gonna come in the mail since the csrd is not active yet?

My card still hasn't arrived and my deposit is scheduled in 3 days. Does anyone know if it will still be deposited or does it have to be activated first?

Same here we are having a hard time getting my card and my money is coming wed morning in a day and i have no card so will the money still go on the card? Or will they just mail me a check? Hard to get a answer from these people. Next year im not doing this again.

My card hasnt arrived, it was supposed to be here around last week the latest so I called the prepaid number and they ordered me a replacement card and said to wait until I get it. According to the irs website it was depostited into my account and said to call on the 4th if i dont see it in my account so I'm hoping I get my card in the next week and can activate my card and have the money on it fingers crossed or just have it mailed to me
turbookev

Okay so I found out the answer to this one... my ct return was "supposed" to be deposited on Friday last week, today is Tuesday the week after. So upon calling CT DRS I found out that they have changed my direct deposit to paper check. This is due to the fact I did not receive my turbo prepaid card in mail until monday, therefore it wasn't activated when they tried to deposit the refund on friday... sucks but the answer is NO they will not process deposit if you have not received and activated prepaid card.... they will change it to a paper check and mail it...
Ktwizzy

I received my turbo tax in the mail but i cannot activate it. It wont process because it says mt information does not match but in entering my info

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Could you have possibly entered something different when you ordered the card, like maybe a typo? 

Please review the article below for details. 

How to get your tax refund on a Turbo® Visa® Debit Card 

@Ktwizzy Contact Customer Support if the issue continues. Please review how to contact them below.

Turbo Debit Card Contact Us 

This note is a disclaimer about registering the card. "Note: To protect cardholders and prevent fraud we enforce the following rules: (a) a new card account may only be issued to a tax filer with a valid name, street address, Social Security number, phone, and email combination, and (b) the number of card accounts issued to the same street or email address is limited. Violating one or both of these rules will result in the cancelation of one or more card accounts. The Turbo Visa Debit Card will be issued under the name of the primary filer on the tax return?"

alfoclay

The irs says my stimulus money was deposited in my turbo card account but i cant retrieve it it was put on my cars before i had activated it wht can i do to get my money deposited

Im trying to figure it out too if u have an answer pls lmk thanks

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

It is best to activate the card as soon as you get it. Most users receive the card before their refund is loaded. Having the card activated will ensure everything goes smoothly once the IRS releases your refund.

How to get your tax refund on a Turbo® Visa® Debit Card

Turbo Visa® Debit Card and Refund Advance Stimulus Payments

Contact Turbo Card - Activate

@Efgentlemom

@alfoclay

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies