Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My federal tax return pdf has only the cover page and nothing else.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You can locate the worksheets that were included in your tax return by accessing a complete copy of your tax return from the Print Center. The PDF file of your tax return that is located on the tax home page will not include the worksheets.  Please note: this may not work until your return has been accepted.

Please take the steps below to obtain a complete copy of your tax return which would include all worksheets:

1.      Sign in to your account (if you haven't already done so), using the same login you used to file your return.

2.      Scroll down to My Tax Returns and Documents and click on show.

3.      Next scroll down and click on Add a State (you are not really adding a state, this will allow you to get back into the program.)

4.      In the left side panel click on Tax Tools then click on Print Center.

5.      Next select Print, save or preview this year's return.

6.      Then select the option to print your 2018 federal and state returns (shortest version). You can also select the option to Include government worksheets (optional) (medium-length version) and/or You can also select Include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional) (longest version). Then select View or print forms.

7.      This will allow you to print your complete tax file.

8.      Once you have finished printing, click on Tax Home in the left side bar to return to the home page and click on Sign Out in the lower left corner when you are ready to exit the program.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

What income did you enter when you prepared your return?
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

my w2 income. the federal return was accepted too. it is just that when I download the pdf from my account, it only has 1 page which is the cover page and nothing else. no 1040 or any other information. This is frustrating. I need to provide the first page of 1040 to my employer tomorrow as proof of my marriage to my spouse for our health insurance coverage.

Does it look like this?  If so, that IS your Form 1040.  The 2018 Form 1040 is two "half page" postcard size forms that print out on one page, with the signature line in the middle of the page.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdf">https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdf</a>
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

nope no 1040 at all - all the pdf has is the content below with my name and my spuse's name, our home address and and nothing else -

What You | Keep these instructions and a copy of your return for your records.
Need to | If you did not print one before closing TurboTax, go back to the
Keep | program and select File tab, then select the Print for Your Records
| category.
_______________| _______________________________________________________________________
|
Special | Your printed state tax forms may have special formatting on them,
Formatting | such as bar codes or other symbols. This is to enable fast
| processing. Don't worry, these forms have been approved by your
| taxing authority and are acceptable for printing and mailing.
_______________| _______________________________________________________________________

Did you save it correctly as a pdf?
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1912544-how-do-i-save-my-2018-turbotax-online-return-as-a-pdf">htt...>

You can locate the worksheets that were included in your tax return by accessing a complete copy of your tax return from the Print Center. The PDF file of your tax return that is located on the tax home page will not include the worksheets.  Please note: this may not work until your return has been accepted.

Please take the steps below to obtain a complete copy of your tax return which would include all worksheets:

1.      Sign in to your account (if you haven't already done so), using the same login you used to file your return.

3.      Next scroll down and click on Add a State (you are not really adding a state, this will allow you to get back into the program.)

6.      Then select the option to print your 2018 federal and state returns (shortest version). You can also select the option to Include government worksheets (optional) (medium-length version) and/or You can also select Include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional) (longest version). Then select View or print forms.

8.      Once you have finished printing, click on Tax Home in the left side bar to return to the home page and click on Sign Out in the lower left corner when you are ready to exit the program.

Awesome Critter!! you saved my day.. this worked. 🙂

ao6
Returning Member

I need to fill out for MI state return.  All i get is cover page. I've followed Critters comments and all i get still is the cover page. I owe nothing ($0), but i'm still supposed to file for state of Michigan.  How do i get the forms in the download.

Did you complete the MI interview ?   Try doing that again then complete the REVIEW tab and then try the print center again.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies