turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My 2018 return is not populating with accurate data. I need a copy of my complete 2018 return, which I filed with TurboTax. How do I get my accurate return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

My 2018 return is not populating with accurate data. I need a copy of my complete 2018 return, which I filed with TurboTax. How do I get my accurate return?

Do you have more than one 2018 TurboTax account?

You have to sign onto your 2018 online account using the exact same user ID you used to create the online account.

Close all TurboTax windows on your web browser (including this one).  Copy and paste the account recovery website link onto a new web browser window and run the tool.

Use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of all the user ID's for an email address.  Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If none of the user ID's received will access your 2018 account, then use the option shown in blue on the account recovery website, "Try something else"

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

To access your current or prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

I'm logged into the right account, and I can see the return.  The issue is that when I access it, it shows $0 income, $0 deductibles, $0 AGI, etc.  It's not populating the information that I submitted in early 2019.  I've already pulled the IRS tax transcript with the right details, but the actual 1099 I can access on TurboTax shows just blank fields. 

The question is, why can't I see the actual details of my submission, which the IRS already processed?

@jarrodgack wrote:

I'm logged into the right account, and I can see the return.  The issue is that when I access it, it shows $0 income, $0 deductibles, $0 AGI, etc.  It's not populating the information that I submitted in early 2019.  I've already pulled the IRS tax transcript with the right details, but the actual 1099 I can access on TurboTax shows just blank fields. 

The question is, why can't I see the actual details of my submission, which the IRS already processed?

So when you view the PDF of the 2018 tax return you are able to see the amounts entered in the various forms and schedules, but you print the return there are only 0's?  Is that correct?

When did you download the PDF?

If not recently, try downloading again -

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

No, when I click on the 2018 option in "Your tax returns & documents" at the bottom of my splash page, and then click "Download/print return (PDF)", I get a mostly-blank 1040 form showing my name, address, occupation, and SSN, but blank fields throughout the document, including the 1040 worksheet.

Problem is, I filed a complete return through TurboTax, and the IRS received it (and paid out a return) as noted on their own transcript.  Question is: why can't I get an accurate 1040 from TurboTax?

@ jarrodgack wrote:

No, when I click on the 2018 option in "Your tax returns & documents" at the bottom of my splash page, and then click "Download/print return (PDF)", I get a mostly-blank 1040 form showing my name, address, occupation, and SSN, but blank fields throughout the document, including the 1040 worksheet.

Problem is, I filed a complete return through TurboTax, and the IRS received it (and paid out a return) as noted on their own transcript.  Question is: why can't I get an accurate 1040 from TurboTax?

You didn't say if you actually ran the tool that DoninGA provided above.

So, unless you've already done so, first check to see if you have more than one account--even if you think you only have one.  You may have started your return in one account, but completed your return in another account.  Many people end up with multiple accounts without realizing it.   Here's how to troubleshoot for multiple accounts (User IDs) :

You can have up to 5 accounts that use the same email address for notification purposes.  A User ID may be an email address, but it doesn't have to be.  It might be only part of an email address, or it can be anything at all.

To get a list of your User IDs and recover account access, you can use the tool at the link below.  When using the Account Recovery tool, try using your phone number first.   After that, if necessary, then run the tool on your email address(es) you can access.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that on your phone number and email address(es) that you can access,  here's another method:

Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, and choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

@jarrodgack 

Also in that account where you are getting the incomplete 2018 return, what status is showing for the 2018 return when you go to the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents?"   Which of these terms--accepted, rejected, printed, started, ready to mail, or what?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies