turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My NYS return status says my return may require further review? What does this mean. It seems very vague.

You can’t even call either because it’s an automated system and never lets you get to a representative
cameliabp

My NYS return status says my return may require further review? What does this mean. It seems very vague.

Your right. One poster said “ I guess NYS needs my $70 more then I do”. So they def just having some major difficulties.

Yes, another reason why I don’t like newyork I’m gonna try to find a number to call today, because now when you try to check the status of your refund online there’s nothing there, there having technical issues

So I finally just got off the phone with a representative, she told me that the people that have the message that their tax return was received and needs further review and may take longer then the federal return, are the people who were randomly picked to have the return be looked at by nys before deposited. If your status changes to processing that’s a good sign that they already looked at it and you shouldn’t have any more problems. She said by the end of March I should have either an explanation or my refund. Call 1-518-457-5149 if you want to speak to an actual person and not an automated system and see if they see anything for you.

For the last 4 year my refund has required further review this crazy
cameliabp

Richellemarie you are a godsend. Thank you for your thorough and informative response . It’s appreciated .

No problem ! Glad I could help! This is a issue we’re all going through and we need a solution !

Been waiting since Feb. 5
When does NY deposit
M-S?
Hoping for our refund soon
rjones490

how do you get someone on the phone new york state tax dept

15184575149 but it takes awhile to get someone on the phone.

I tried calling that number only automated machine. How do I get ahold of someone and it has been past 45 days so how much interest should I receive?

It has been 30 days today, not counting weekends and presidents day 2/19 BC apparently the weekends and presidents day doesn't count.. I filed 1/25 and state accepted 1/29, which is when nys started processing returns..for almost 5 weeks I received the may require further review message up till about a week ago it switched to your return is being processed no further info is available at this time..called and spoke to a rep and she said everything looked good and I was in final stages of processing and should have a dd by the end of next week..

FINALLY! 40 days after my NYS return being accepted my status has changed from "May require further review" to "Is being processed" I hope this is a good sign! 🙂
bwa9

Mine changed to being processing filed feb 13

My status has changed to"Information about this return is not available using this service. Please call ..." I am assuming this is NOT good
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies