turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My NYS return status says my return may require further review? What does this mean. It seems very vague.

I filed jan29 accepted the same day .. went under further review feb 10th .. and today it went back to “ your return is being processed .. this is no further information “ hopefully that’s a good sign

My NYS return status says my return may require further review? What does this mean. It seems very vague.

I hope so too. My friend  had the same thing she happen..  She said she received  a DDD about 7-10 days later. Its so frustrating.

Ok so mines changed to processing after a month plus of a review message

Mine changed from under review to processing. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive your return after it switches to processing?
bwa9

I guess thwy only working on people. Filed in January as of now

I filied 1/31/18 process about 2 days later. About 2/10. We to May need 90 day review on 2/15. I got a message to cal a 518 number, which then told me I need to send w-2. Submit that on the same day online with out receiving my letter in mail. Today 3 /11/18.  I have a new message ... We have received your return and it is being processed. No further information is available at this time.... Anyone else have this???? I hope I helped someone else

Loveme2020: I got the same message too. I went from "May Require Further review" to "my refund is being processed. No info at this time"

Hopefully we get our Fed's soon

So our NYS is under further review AND our federal as well
Both were accepted the FIRST week in February
WnatR the chances
I’m sick about this
This is the first year we claimed two college credits; American Opportunity & Lifelong Learner
I’m kind of disappointed in TurboTax actually, I got all the upgrades and paid extra for auditing services and I haven’t heard anything from TurboTax and we really need our money

Got Fed Refund a while ago. State accepted on Feb. 4 and I STILL have the...We received your return and it may require further review. This may result in your New York State return taking longer to process than your federal return. No further information is available at this time...

I filed with turbo tax on feb 7th, got accepted for state and federal the same day. 7 days later I got
My federal, it’s been a month and 4 days since I’ve filed and I still haven’t gotten my state. It says that We received your return and it may require further review. This may result in your New York return taking longer to process than your federal. I’ve never had this happen to me before but I’ve also never used turbo tax before to do my taxes. I’m getting worried. Will I ever get my state refund ???

I've never had this happen either and I have been using Turbo Tax for many years.
cameliabp

I filed at the end of January . My ny state went from saying it needed further review for well over a month and a half to processing /no further info is available for about a week now. Bizarre .

That is weird , I’ve already been waiting a month and 5 days I hope it doesn’t end up becoming a process all the way up to the end of this month
cameliabp

At this point I’m actually waiting for a letter. At least I’d know they’d be doing something . It’s like the earlier returns got put to the back burner.

Pretty much, this is ridiculous and I have a simple return , no credits , no kids, no marriage . Just 1 w2
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies