turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Are the positive numbers shown on my TurboTax Refund after filing an tax amendment are the amounts I will be refunded on top of the previous refunds that I received?

I previously received close to $1000 in Federal and $800 in State Returns. However, after couple of months I found out that I did not include one of the W2 in the previous return. I went back and filed an amendment on my tax return. The number I received on my TurboTax Federal and Tax Refund were less lower than the previous amount only $75 in Federal and $5 in State. Are they the amount I will be receiving on top of the previous returns? or do I have to pay the differences between what I received before and now?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Are the positive numbers shown on my TurboTax Refund after filing an tax amendment are the amounts I will be refunded on top of the previous refunds that I received?

Look at the Forms and the amount show on the 1040X is in addition to what was already received.

Same is true for the State return. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Look at the Forms and the amount show on the 1040X is in addition to what was already received.

Same is true for the State return. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies