stevehuynh101

Are the positive numbers shown on my TurboTax Refund after filing an tax amendment are the amounts I will be refunded on top of the previous refunds that I received?

I previously received close to $1000 in Federal and $800 in State Returns. However, after couple of months I found out that I did not include one of the W2 in the previous return. I went back and filed an amendment on my tax return. The number I received on my TurboTax Federal and Tax Refund were less lower than the previous amount only $75 in Federal and $5 in State. Are they the amount I will be receiving on top of the previous returns? or do I have to pay the differences between what I received before and now?

MichaelL1

Look at the Forms and the amount show on the 1040X is in addition to what was already received.

Same is true for the State return. 

MichaelL1

Same is true for the State return.