Solved: Line 30 of 1040 is showing blank after I filled in...

Line 30 of 1040 is showing blank after I filled in the amounts in TT

I filed my returns tonight on the TT website. Silly me didn't preview the forms. I'm looking at the 1040 form now and Line 30 (for the recovery rebate credit aka stimulus check totals) is blank. I explicitly filled in my check amounts on the TT form, so I don't understand why it's not showing up on the downloaded form.

Do I seriously need to wait for the IRS to accept the return -- and then file to amend it somehow?

You get the recovery rebate credit if you did not receive stimulus checks, or if you did not receive the full amount that you are entitled to. Since you did get the checks, you already got all the money you are entitled to, so you do not get the credit on your tax return.

Form 1040 line 30 is not the amount that you received. It's the amount you did not receive, but should have received. If you received the full amount that you were entitled to, then there is nothing on line 30.

Ahh! That makes sense now. Thanks!