It's been over 21 days and I have not received my refund is there something wrong

tifdukes

KatrinaLO

If you e-filed your tax returns, you can also click here e-file status lookup tool to check your e-file status. If you filed it successfully, you should see PendingAccepted or Rejected.

We know you'd like your refund as fast as possible, but we have no control over how fast the IRS or your state returns your money to you. We're unable to track down, research, or expedite your refund, because those actions are only done by the government--you'll have to contact the IRS or your state tax office for help.

The IRS releases most refunds within 21 calendar days after the e-file has been accepted (received), not 21 days from the e-filing date.

If the return has been processing for more than 21 days you can call the IRS.....

Call the IRS:  1-800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS don't choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.  

So after first choosing your language, then don't choose Option 1 (refund info).  Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  

Then press 4 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent.

Or you can contact your local IRS office.  See this IRS website for local IRS offices - http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-Your-Local-IRS-Office-1

If you still haven't received your refund or your refund is less than you expected , it's  possible you may have a Refund Offset.

·         For mailed returns, allow 5-6 weeks from the postmark date. (If you claimed an Earned Income Tax Credit and/or an Additional Child Tax Credit and filed before February 15, 2018, you’ll get your refund the week of February 27 at the earliest.)

·         If you opted to e-file and you entered an incorrect account number for direct deposit, the government will mail you a refund check, allow 5-6 weeks from the postmark date.

Your federal refund can take longer than 21 days to process for the following reasons:

·         You claimed an Earned Income Tax Credit and/or an Additional Child Tax Credit and filed before February 15, 2018.  It takes until the week of February 27 to receive your refund at the earliest.

·         The IRS processed a refund offset.

·         There were errors, inconsistencies, or missing info on the return.

·         The return is under review.

·         The IRS suspects identity theft or fraud.

·         There's a Form 8397 (Injured Spouse Allocation) on your return.  It takes 11-14 weeks to process.

·         You filed Form 1040-X (Amended Return), which can take 12-16 weeks to process.

Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for more information:

Latyras41

I filed my on 01/16/2020 and I still don't have a refund date and it's been 21 days 

CassLO

Even though the IRS issues 9 out of 10 tax refunds within 21 days, it's possible your return may require additional review and take longer to process.

Taxpayers who claim the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) may experience a refund hold. The IRS usually begins issuing tax refunds on returns with the EIC or Additional Child Tax Credit in late February.

Some 2019 federal refunds are delayed due to the PATH Act

Related Information:

Dubois-Doobwah

Ahhhhh want mahhhhh monahhh. If you have earned income credit or have children on your taxes, it will take longer. 

Truelock

You ever get yours? 

Truelock

Did you ever get yours? 

Ry_Joch

have you got it yet? i filed mine on 1/27 and still have not got mine and i e-filed

Camjoyy8

My federal got accepted the same day as your 1/27/2020, it’s now 1/19/2020. My state I did 2/8/2020 and got back 1/18/2020

Lesley50

RB0515

Have you gotten your return yet??? I filed both returns. Got accepted january 31. Told i woudl get my refund by febraury 21.

february 21. Still no refund!!!! Whats up? I get the 152 notification

JakailaLO

Topic 152 is just a generic code that means your tax return is still being processed by the IRS. When they are finished, your status will change to approved and an estimated direct deposit date will populate on "Where's My Refund".

Here is a link to the IRS website on this topic:

https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc152

Lesley50

JeanneLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

The IRS reports that they issue 9 out of 10 tax refunds within 21 days, it's possible your return may require additional review and take longer to process. Where’s My Refund? has the most up to date information available about your refund. The tool is updated daily (usually overnight) so you will just usually need to check once a day.

Taxpayers who claim the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) may experience a refund delay. The IRS usually begins issuing tax refunds on returns with the EIC or Additional Child Tax Credit in late February.

Click here for more information: Some 2019 federal refunds are delayed due to the PATH Act

Please see these TurboTax FAQ's on why some tax return refunds may take a while to be released and what steps you can take:

If you are anticipating a state tax return refund those processing times vary from state to state. To check on a state refund please visit your state Department of Revenue website.

msdec23

me either