turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

junadona

I mistakenly checked "checking" account instead of "savings". will that cause me any issues in getting my refund?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

I mistakenly checked "checking" account instead of "savings". will that cause me any issues in getting my refund?

It may cause issues if your bank rejects your deposit. If your return has  already been efiled and accepted , you will not be able to change your account and routing numbers. 

Other considerations:

• If the bank account you entered is closed, the deposit will be rejected and sent back to the IRS. They will print and mail a check to the address listed on your return.
  • If the banking information you originally entered was wrong, most likely the direct deposit will be rejected and it will be sent back to the IRS and they will in turn print and mail a check to the address listed on your return
  • If the banking information you originally entered was in someone else's name, the direct deposit may be rejected and sent back to the IRS. The IRS will print and mail a check to the address listed on your return.

If a significant amount of time has passed and your refund has still not been returned to the IRS, you can file Form 3911Taxpayer Statement Regarding Refund to request a trace on the refund with the IRS. This usually takes 90 days to complete.

https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/tools-faqs/faqs-for-individuals/frequently-asked-tax-questions-an...

I did same problem yesterday 

So what happen with u 

Can u let me know what happen 

Sick370z

I checked checkings instead of savings on my account and for taxes , both are in my name but does that affect my refund ?? 

Sick370z

Did anything happen with you? 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

As long as your routing number and account number are correct, you should not have any issues with your direct deposit. Please see the TurboTax FAQ What if I entered the wrong bank account for direct deposit? for more information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ahmadjod

So any updates???

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

This should not cause any issues.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies